Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: ARB 2 inch lift kit install  (Read 1809 times)

Offline jamberg

• Stocker
ARB 2 inch lift kit install
« on: October 22, 2014, 09:01:38 PM »
I am looking at installing an ARB 2 inch lift kit - the springs are labelled A and B and are slightly different sizes - what location do the front A and back A labelled springs go - drivers side or passenger side?

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: ARB 2 inch lift kit install
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:14:51 AM »
Haha, that my friend is an age old question.

At one point I think I started criss crossing them to get a rig to level out.

The instructions used to tell you what side, but what we discovered is that those instructions were for Aussie's and their right hand drives. We had better results going opposite to the instructions.

On a right hand drive both torque and driver weight push the right side down.

Here the driver weight pushes the left down, and the torque drives the right down.

Its been a long time, but try high right on the rear, and high left on the front. Pretty sure thats how I was getting them straight. If that dont work, you'll have to play with it.

If you put both highs on either side you will have to live with an uneven rig which may or may not bug the crap out of you.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline jamberg

• Stocker
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 02:54:10 PM »
thanks for the help and will try it your way - most of the roads we are on are at best semi level.

Offline JKaJayF

• Winch Wench
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 12:52:44 PM »
I have the 2.5 OME heavy kit and trust me you want it as level as possible. Uneven tire wear and bad wheel alignment have been an issue ever since. I'm gonna try switching rear springs on mine soon.
follow the gravel....
2.5" Old Man Emu heavy kit
37’s
XRC front & rear with 10000 X2O winch

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 11:18:26 AM »
I have the 2.5 OME heavy kit and trust me you want it as level as possible. Uneven tire wear and bad wheel alignment have been an issue ever since. I'm gonna try switching rear springs on mine soon.

Seperate issues friend. Uneven spring height will not effect your alignment or tire wear.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]