Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: christmas toy drive for the childrens hospital  (Read 3541 times)

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
christmas toy drive for the childrens hospital
« on: November 09, 2014, 04:43:11 PM »
Alright this is always left to the week before Xmas so let's get an early start this year.  I would be more then happy to setup a drop box for any donations of books, toys and batteries etc at the shop.  Organize a big jeep convoy to deliver them and make someone else's Xmas that much better.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: christmas toy drive for the childrens hospital
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »
Yeah, for the kids ya know!
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 12:35:59 PM »
So the exec has discussed this and we're down with someone organizing a Christmas charity run or event but we would prefer to support a charity other than the children's hospital as we've found in the past that they get tons of stuff at Christmas and aren't able to use it all.  We'd be on board with the adopt a family type programs that come up every Christmas... or maybe something for the womens shelter.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline GigaPig

• Winch Wench
    • Jeepers for Vets
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
I've been tossing around an idea for a couple of years and have started actually planning it this year.

I'd like to get a huge convoy of Jeeps loaded up with food donations for the Veteran's Food Bank. There's a natural fit with the military history of Jeeps helping soldiers and the VFB is always in need of donations.

I've got a few things in the works already so if anyone is interested in participating in this that would be awesome. It wouldn't be just a CJA event, I'm opening it up to anybody who drives a Jeep.

I should have more details shortly.

Steve
1995 YJ: Lots of goodies.
2008 Liberty KK: Lots of goodies.
Founder, Jeepers for Vets: www.jeepersforvets.com | www.facebook.com/jeepersforvets
VE6EVL

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 07:31:10 AM »
I've been tossing around an idea for a couple of years and have started actually planning it this year.

I'd like to get a huge convoy of Jeeps loaded up with food donations for the Veteran's Food Bank. There's a natural fit with the military history of Jeeps helping soldiers and the VFB is always in need of donations.

I've got a few things in the works already so if anyone is interested in participating in this that would be awesome. It wouldn't be just a CJA event, I'm opening it up to anybody who drives a Jeep.

I should have more details shortly.

Steve

This sounds like a very good idea.  Please keep us posted and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
I like this idea too

Maybe a good excuse to go topless too
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 10:22:36 AM »
In the past I found the women in need or adopt a family to be some of the most thankful charities,...
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline Grease Nipple

• Budget Lift
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 10:27:25 AM »
I like this idea too

Maybe a good excuse to go topless too

NO ONE wants to see you topless...

I'm in as well, good choice!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:30:09 AM by Grease Nipple »

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
christmas toy drive for the childrens hospital
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
We are discussing a toy run for the kids. Will be working with another charatable organization who will be doing the distributing. Will post up tomorrow some time with more details, date , time , locations etc.

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 09:28:13 AM »
So the CJA has decided to support a few different initiatives this year.  One will be the Veterans food drive which I've seperated out into a different thread.

We've also donated to Broken Axles charity as well as a bunch of toys for a battered woman's shelter.  Unfortunately due to the security around the womans shelter there won't be any cruise type activities to go along with our donation.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2014, 01:04:50 PM »
Thank you Robyn and Vince.