Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Thank you CJA!  (Read 2135 times)

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
Thank you CJA!
« on: November 24, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »
My family and I decided to adopt a family this year.  We have had a lot of support from the CJA with a very generous cash donation and our awesome customers with equally generous donations of gift cards, food and cash.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to have the happy holidays that most of us take for granted.  The adopt a family program is a great way to help them out.  We had a family of 3, a mother and her 2 boys.   The father had passed away leaving the mother working two jobs to support them. 

So again, a huge thank you to everyone that pitched in!

Dave

Offline GigaPig

• Winch Wench
    • Jeepers for Vets
Re: Thank you CJA!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:51:33 PM »
Are you guys still accepting donations for your adopted family? If so, what do you prefer? Cash, gift cards, specific toys / items?

UPDATE: Never mind... just saw your Facebook post where you list what you're looking for. :)

Steve
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:57:04 PM by elliottzone »
1995 YJ: Lots of goodies.
2008 Liberty KK: Lots of goodies.
Founder, Jeepers for Vets: www.jeepersforvets.com | www.facebook.com/jeepersforvets
VE6EVL

Offline rws

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Stump Grinder
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
My family and I decided to adopt a family this year.  We have had a lot of support from the CJA with a very generous cash donation and our awesome customers with equally generous donations of gift cards, food and cash.

Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to have the happy holidays that most of us take for granted.  The adopt a family program is a great way to help them out.  We had a family of 3, a mother and her 2 boys.   The father had passed away leaving the mother working two jobs to support them.  

So again, a huge thank you to everyone that pitched in!

Dave

Awesome that you would take the initiative to carry this out Dave.   Give yourself a "pat on the back"!    CJA was happy to help out.

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »
We dropped off 15 big boxes full of stuff for our adopted family this morning.  I think they are going to have an awesome christmas!