Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Buying a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Oryzae

• Stocker
Buying a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »
So as the title states, I'm buying a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport. Any tips or suggestions? I added on the hard top because I figured if I want the soft top I can always get it later. How difficult is it to install aftermarket speakers on the 2 door wrangler? Dealers are charging $700 for the upgrade to alpine system however with the 2 door it doesn't come with a subwoofer and you are still paying the same price as the 4 door.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Buying a new 2015 Jeep Wrangler
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:55:18 AM »
Heated seats if you can. Soft tops aren't cheap, look on kijiji or see how much one is through the dealer. Personally I'd rather have a soft top because it's lighter and easier to deal with in summer (no storing a bulky hardtop). Hardtop may insulate a little better.
Get the lowest (numerically higher) differential gear possible, I think tow package offered 3.73, unless you get a rubicon. Try to get the limited slip rear diff too, again unless you get he rubicon or if you plan to add a locker later on.
If you can save a few bucks by not getting tow hooks and rear hitch, both are dirt cheap to find on kijiji or aftermarket.
Not sure one speakers, I think the 2 door doesn't have enough room for the subwoofer in the back. Not sure though. Should have the two overhead speakers attached to the roll bar.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »
i have owned 3 jeeps and none of them had a hardtop and all of them spent time in 30 below. NEVER had a heat issue.
And to save time, just get the Rubicon.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Oryzae

• Stocker
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 03:04:34 PM »
Lol with the Rubicon stuff. I can't really afford a Rubicon. Just getting the base model with a hard top. I'm more worried about security stuff and what not because I will be leaving restricted area access cards in the car sometimes.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 03:10:56 PM »
Lol with the Rubicon stuff. I can't really afford a Rubicon. Just getting the base model with a hard top. I'm more worried about security stuff and what not because I will be leaving restricted area access cards in the car sometimes.
For security purposes look into the tuffy security products. Never worry about stuff being stolen.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline jeepinjoel

• Winch Wench
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
Everyone will have thier pros and cons..my old TJ had a hard top...and I loved the rear defrost and rear wiper....I also had a friend that was brushing snow off his soft top and broke a window. .. (was pretty cold...-30)