Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Car2Go  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Car2Go
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:41:48 PM »
After my road test today, and after I shelled out my last "fee" for the money hungry government p.o.s.'s I went straight to Car2Go downtown. Let me tell you, this is an amazing service. Not only is it $15/hr (200km free per trip) or ~$80/day (? km), but its free gas, free insurance, even a very tall dude like me can sit in it half decently. I am definately going to be using this service more and more. I just rented one today and drove for a few hours to get it out of my system, they took my temporary paper license, and my passport, plus my prepaid visa (which has my name on it) did the online application at their offices downtown off electric avenue and 8th street, beside Atco Gas and I even saved me an application fee. So no preauth like a regular car rental place, definately a plus!
The front desk lady was nice.

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Re: Car2Go
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:06:15 PM »
This was my 3rd day in a row renting from Car2Go, these things are great on the icy roads, with their traction control, and their automatic AND manual transmission in one. Their turning radius is so small, back end likes to slide out when ya pin it on it on the ice ;) I am going to rent from Hertz next weekend, they got a deal on for $15/weekend day, unlimited km, gotta pay for gas, extra for insurance. Was seeing if they got trucks or suv's with hitches so I can rent a uhaul car hauler and get me my own ride! They say its a big no no, but hey they got hitches on em ;)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Re: Car2Go
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »
Just wanted to give huge props to customer service at Car2Go, been having a few issues with their product and had to call their toll free customer service phone number a few times. I must say their agents speak fluent english, they are courteous and actually care about their customer. Now thats a rarity. They stick out, to me, well above if not at the top, for my expirience with any customer service anywhere. Believe me, these days, I do not stir the pot, nor make a big deal out of minor issues, I try to be a good citizen, treat others how I would like to be treated. I do not know if because I am a new customer I am getting free car day rentals (which includes free gas and insurance) for minor issues. When I say minor I mean having trouble with ending my trip on their in-car gps/car2go customer interaction device. Its happened 3 times now, each on day rental days. It took me literally 5-10 minutes to call, be put on hold, and clear up the issue at hand. I saved myself $300 plus gas, so lets say $340 in cash out of my pocket. The car2go guys rock, they are expensive I agree for day rates, but for short trips, cheaper then a taxi! I could go to Hertz or Discount and get a $200-$250 weekly rental and get a bigger car, but that does not include free gas, nor free insurance. I will remember these guys, and their cars are driving billboards, I am asked all the time about car2go, and how it works. I dont take it easy on these cars, I pin it at lights, but do go the speed limit. For me being very tall, well over 6' tall, I fit in the vehicle comfortably, more so then my friends Chevrolet Cruze, or any Acura car. As for fatties (no offense), there might be issues. I am 6'6" and a little over 300 lbs and fit in it decently. Leg room and head room to spare. The seat is pushed all the way back, and the tilt is all the way back also.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:32:35 PM by Matt4x4 »