Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Vehicle Plating  (Read 5561 times)

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
Vehicle Plating
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »
Hi,

Any advice or tips when changing a vehicle from being plated on road to Offroad only plates?

Would that be the same plate used on ATV's/UTV's?

Thanks
12 Crush JKU Sport
05 Orange TJ Sport-2" BB, 1.25" BL... (1 tons, 39's... Who the fawk really knows!)
92 Red Cherokee Sport-4.5" Rustys Lift, 33's KM2's, Eagle Rims(405k's n still tikkin...) Sold :(

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Vehicle Plating
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »
Yep. Off road only is the same as a quad.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:11:17 PM »

If said vehicle was registered out of province... Would a provincial inspection be required if I was going straight to an off road only plate?
12 Crush JKU Sport
05 Orange TJ Sport-2" BB, 1.25" BL... (1 tons, 39's... Who the fawk really knows!)
92 Red Cherokee Sport-4.5" Rustys Lift, 33's KM2's, Eagle Rims(405k's n still tikkin...) Sold :(

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »

Spoke with the registry office today... No go... Called head registry... No go... Got transferred to transport alberta... NO GO!

I was told by transport Alberta that offroad vehicles must still have an on road plate... That vehicle can then be trailered to offroad trails... And if for some reason that vehicle is pulled over by transport inspector on the trail that the member should not expect it to be 100% complient since it is being used in an off highway situation...

THIS MAKES NO SENSE...

Can anyone help?
12 Crush JKU Sport

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 04:20:09 PM »
are you looking to go straight to offroad only because you are trying to avoid an out of province inspection?
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »
Makes no sense at all. Quads don't  have mirrors or signal lights..... that's just goofy.

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 04:41:03 PM »
are you looking to go straight to offroad only because you are trying to avoid an out of province inspection?

Pretty much...
12 Crush JKU Sport

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »
You gotta pay to play.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
You gotta pay to play.

Yes because according to Transport Alberta it makes sense to unmodify it, purchase all new factory pieces and inspect it and then re modify it and run an on road plate even though I really only plan to trailer it and off highway use it...
12 Crush JKU Sport

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 02:18:36 AM »
Strip off all the Jeep logos and slap on a Polaris sticker? It just an oversize side by side, with a back seat, and I6....

Makes zero sense... but again what politician in this country has any common sense.... Of course its not going to be re-modified back to stock.. Wow.
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 06:57:24 AM »
Strip off all the Jeep logos and slap on a Polaris sticker? It just an oversize side by side, with a back seat, and I6....

Makes zero sense... but again what politician in this country has any common sense.... Of course its not going to be re-modified back to stock.. Wow.

Ya he told me to unmodify/inspect/receive on highway plate/re modify and then trailer it to the trails... I said forget the trailer I'll have an on highway plate,  things again spiralled downward... So what about if for some reason I get stopped by someone associated with ministry of transport driving my modified vehicle with on highway plates on some type of trail system/ off highway? "Well the transport member should expect that the vehicle won't be 100% because it's being used in an off highway situation"... (Headshake pounding on wall)
12 Crush JKU Sport

Offline jkrubi

• Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 08:45:39 AM »

According to this you should be able to register your jeep as a off highway vechicle, as well you'll need insurance. Don't tell them it's a jeep at first just that you are looking for a off-highway plate.

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 08:57:19 AM »

According to this you should be able to register your jeep as a off highway vechicle, as well you'll need insurance. Don't tell them it's a jeep at first just that you are looking for a off-highway plate.

I already referenced this with the registry office, registry head quarters and transport Alberta...
12 Crush JKU Sport

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »
Welcome to Alberta, and privatization!
Pay Up!
Remember a no insurance ticket is $2800!

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »
a no insurance ticket is $2800!
Who runs WITHOUT insurance?!!!!