Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New to CA & Keen for some 4x4ing mates / trips any time  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Kiwi Kid

• Stocker
New to CA & Keen for some 4x4ing mates / trips any time
« on: March 24, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »
Hi There I’m new to Calgary/Canada I have got myself a 1998 Grand Cherokee, with a few basic mods and I’m keen to see some off road, although I am not at all new to 4x4ing I am new to owning a jeep and the Calgary area. I am as keen as a pig in s**t and would love some friends who know there way around, maybe have some experience in the Canadian terrain and are able to pull me out from time to time. Any trip any time I’m keen.. I work as a Paramedic witch is variable in terms of commitments so if anyone is going out for anything or wants to go out, let me know and I’ll try make it.  
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 06:15:14 PM by Kiwi Kid »
"A Kiwi "- a human from a small far away country called New Zealand who drives the wrong way up the road and can fix about anything with a wire coat-hanger.

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
Re: New to CA & Keen for some 4x4ing mates / trips any time
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »
Welcome to Calgary and the forum !

Lots of good folks here that are uber helpful

Where are you from ?
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline Kiwi Kid

• Stocker
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:33:07 PM »
Yea Thanks Mate, Calgary seems grate so far.  I Just moved over from New Zealand. 
"A Kiwi "- a human from a small far away country called New Zealand who drives the wrong way up the road and can fix about anything with a wire coat-hanger.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 08:25:20 AM »
If you get the chance, try to make it out to one of the meetings and meet some of the guys.

There are lots of trips each year. Camp outs. A jeep 101 course in the summer time.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 08:44:40 AM »
you can keep an eye out for stocker runs as well.

welcome.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Kiwi Kid

• Stocker
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
Yea sounds good do i just keep an eye out online for those meetings ?  And yea i don't know why it says im a stocker i don't know whats meant buy that or how i change it..?

Thanks guys. At what time of year do guys start going out regally again ? 

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 10:41:51 AM »
stocker runs apply to basic open runs which are usually 'stocker' friendly. aka if you vehicle isn't highly modified its ok; the trails selected are more mild so everyone can enjoy.  i'm sure as the weather gets nicer a few will pop up, probled by members usually. maybe Noel (Tubby) will lead one in the spring.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 12:38:14 PM »
Stocker under your name refers to the amount of posts you have made on the forum. Theres no way to change it specifically, it will change over time the more you yack with us :)

Welcome to the fray.
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re:
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 07:25:52 PM »
What's up. You'll enjoy this forum and the guys behind it. Do some of the milder stuff to get to know your jeep and our terrain. We do have some very intense trails also if that's what you are looking for (always pack extra set of undies for those ones).