Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: LEGAL NOTICE  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
LEGAL NOTICE
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:51:44 AM »
Cochrane Eagle June 21st, 2006

NOTICE

APPLICATION TO LEASE PUBLIC LAND

The Lazy H Trail Company Ltd has applied to lease 47.387 ha of public land located 10 kms west of Hwy#40 on the Trans Alta Pipe Line Road in NW 34, 26, 8 W5, NE, 34, 26, 8W5, NW 35, 26, 8, W5 in the Municipal District of Big Horn for the purpose of developing Backcountry Accomodations to include camping and RV's for 220 units.

Additional information may be viewed at Lazy H Trail Company Ltd.

Interested individuals are invited to express their views and comments on land or
resource management issues regarding this application.

Written comments should be sent to the proponent at:
Lazy H Trail Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 1840
Cochrane, Alberta
T4C 1B7

AND TO THE
Land Use Operations Branch
Public Lands and Forest Division
Alberta Sustainable Resource Development
Third Floor, South Tower, Petroleum Plaza
9915-108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5k 2G8
fax: 780-427-1185

Comments will be accepted until July 04, 2006
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:52:53 AM »
Heres the deal.
Stakeholders were suppossed to give input to the GAMP process. End result was 52kms of trail for 4x4's.
AND
COMPLETE closure of the entire Bar C/Trans Alta area. AND NOW???? An outfitter company wants all that land for themselves to make money. And they want all the land as oppossed to some trails. Do you think this process was fair?
Write and fax today to the SRD!

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 12:39:52 PM »
Thanks for the info, Tom

I'd like to say I am surprised at this development, but I'm not.

http://www.lazyhtrailco.com/

quote "What is your Company doing this summer?"

I don't know, but I am sure they won't be going to the Lazy H
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline Fly Guy

• Baby Wheeler
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 03:19:46 PM »
I wonder if the Lazy H was a stakeholder during the process?

Offline SOMETHING WICKED

• Budget Lift
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 06:28:44 PM »
I have spoken to the owner of the Lazy H Ranch and discussed his plans with the land in question. All of the land being applied for lease is south of their existing facility between the cabins which already exist and the river bottom. They are not asking for the entire south Ghost area. I encourage everyone to try and find out as many of the facts before flying off the handle and jumping on the bandwagon. The Lazy H Ranch was one of the stakeholders during the GAMP process. The owner has expressed to me that he has had no conflict with any of the OHV users. While it does concern me that crown land could be used towards personal gain or any company or individuals, especially after we lost so much due to GAMP, perhaps leasing of crown land is something OHV users should look towards in the future to ensure access to our trails.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 07:51:45 PM »
Look at the map Tim. ALL of BarC/Trans Alta is gone! all of it. The only thing we can do is drive a liscensed vehicle to the creek. You can not ride or quad on that road and there is one trail access to Lost Knife off that road. The area up for lease is the entire area that we ride! So don't begin to tell us what we should do as you have no clue about the area in question. i do, that is where i used to ride. It is a heaven for single track which will now make wonderful horse trails. i am all for sharing but this is not sharing as it has closed over 500kms+ of singletrack in the EXACT area that Lazy H wants to set up an RV park.
i am really fumed at this proposal and rightfully should be, so don't show up on the internet for the first time in months to tell us to chill, its not that bad. Tim, it is that bad and the sooner you stop listening to lip service and open your eyes to reality, the sooner we will unify everyone in fighting this ridiculous thing called GAMP.
Tom

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 08:05:18 PM »
i have not wheeled in that area in question but there are 4x4 trails mixed in with the singletrack. i have seen many 4x4's coming out of the same trail system that is now closed and the proposed site for Lazy H.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 09:47:42 AM »
The OHV community is not happy with the GAMP map that was released before May Long weekend. Emotions are running very high for most of us and absolutely true for myself. I ‘got it’ from both ends as I bike and 4x4. It leaves me very frustrated. But that is no excuse for my recent commentary on a public forum. I have no beef with SW Tim as he too has his opinions and thoughts as well as his own action plan. I do not agree with him as I stand for OHV use and Tim stands for Multi use which would include horses. Personally, I think that horses, hikers, climbers and mountain bikers should also be able to enjoy the backcountry experience but my focus is on the groups that got hammered with an unreal plan which we all know as GAMP. The bike and quad communities are well represented politically; the 4x4 community is not. So, I think that getting 52kms of trail may push me more towards fighting for our fair share of the trails and that is why I do not care what the horse groups do as they too are very well represented and certainly do not need any support from the OHV communities.

I know the Trans Alta/Bar C area very well. This is where the majority of close single-track is located. I was also reminded by another user that we have also 4 wheeled this area extensively.

This is why we need to speak up against the Lazy H proposal. Before GAMP was formalized, the entire SOUTH side of Trans Alta’s road was open to OHV use. There are approx 500kms of single-track and 60kms of 4x4 trails in that area. (Frenchy has stated there is one trail, he is wrong. I have seen at least 5 different cut lines on the east side of the valley and another 4 cut lines on the far west side of the valley). GAMP came out and COMPLETELY closed that entire area to OHV use. The horse that were always there sharing the trails with us were unaffected. The beauty for them is they will now be ‘alone’ in this huge area. I obviously have a problem with an area that big being closed to everyone but horses. Yes, I know it can be flavored to include hikers and mountain bikers but in 5 years I have never seen nor heard of those groups in that area. So, In May GAMP closes this area and in JUNE an outfitter applies to lease 47ha of this land to be converted to an RV/camp park for 200 units. This would be a profit seeking expansion by a PRIVATE company on what used to be PUBLIC land. So, I do not care what Lazy H has said to Tim (SW) and I do not care about anyone that says we should work with the horse groups, they do not need us as they obviously made out better than every OHV user in the Ghost area. WE need to worry about us! Lip service regarding the OHV community trying to lease land is ridiculous. They kicked us out of 95% of the Ghost area because our activity is unsustainable and you think we can lease back this land???
In summation:
Sorry to Tim if my post upset you in any way.
Trans Alta/ Bar C area used to be wide open to OHV use.
GAMP shut down the entire area to OHV before May Long
An existing outfitter wants to lease the land that the government kicked us out of to turn public land into private horse use for PROFIT.
So, I will not apologize for speaking out against such a travesty of justice for the OHV communities. I do not support Lazy H in their proposal and NO ONE else should either!
 And as for researching the area, do you guys not get it???
The area was open to all OHV use before GAMP and now it is closed and the outfitter wants to lease it which will make it impossible for us to ever get it back. And do you think this is the only outfitter that will do this? i don't as i see more applications in our future including the closed Hunter Valley area. So wake up, who cares what a map shows, its what is true, there are 500kms of singletrack and 60kms of 4x4 trail in that area that is closed now and soon to be leased to PRIVATE companies to make money.
And Frenchy, you really don't know that area or you would know of the many cutlines and staging area by the river by the blue bridge for 4x4's and bikes. And Wolf359, remember the boulder climbs and cutlines we did 2-3 yrs ago, they are in that area. Thsi is not an arguement about trails that are/ are not there, it is an arguement against private companies taking public land. Believe me, there are many trails.

Tom

HBZ

LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 09:58:21 PM »
8)  8)  8)  8) 8)

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
LEGAL NOTICE
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 11:22:21 PM »
Quote from: "HBZ"

Hitch Hikers Fan?