Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Alberta Election 2015: where we headed?  (Read 8895 times)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: Alberta Election 2015: where we headed?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 01:46:24 PM »
response i just got from my guy.

John,

The response I got back from the party is as follows:

“Generally speaking, we will be revisiting the land use plans. The Eastern slopes are something we want to protect, but also something we still want to enjoy.
We know ATV users are for the most part responsible stewards of protected areas, and Wildrose would make sure there is a good balance of users able to use the Eastern slopes.”

I hope that adequately answers your question.

Thanks,

Mark Mantei
Candidate – Calgary Lougheed
WILDROSE PARTY
o. 403.768.0106
e. [email protected]
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline pooljunky

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »
I really like wr .. seems more down about outdoor activities.. I believe he will have the less impact against us which is the best we will have..
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:52:02 PM by pooljunky »

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 02:58:51 AM »
“Generally speaking, we will be revisiting the land use plans. The Eastern slopes are something we want to protect, but also something we still want to enjoy.
We know ATV users are for the most part responsible stewards of protected areas, and Wildrose would make sure there is a good balance of users able to use the Eastern slopes.”

And that is a very politically correct answer.... Dodges the bullet but sounds professional....

Damned if you do damned if you dont. They are all the same. The govt might leave us our trails but they will still up taxes on gasoline to get there and enjoy em...
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 09:03:54 AM »
at least i got an answer from WRA................ the only ones so far.

Offline pooljunky

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 08:42:40 PM »
Ya for him to answer is right there pretty good. I hate politics cause you get screwed anyways. Just to find who you will get screwed less...

hey up the price of gas and a munitions and all that. Maybe you won't be able to afford it .. but at least there is still a trail to go in if one day u can afford it. 

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:51 AM »
Hope the wildrose get somewhere.

Fingers crossed.

Do your part everybody.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline DGenR8

• Budget Lift
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 08:29:19 PM »
Sad part is NDP is WAAAAAAY ahead in the poles.
If they get in we're hooped. :'(
_/l ,['''`'''],
l---L--OllllllO-
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

81 CJ7

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 08:53:42 PM »
Wra was supposed to win last time and pc's had the largest majority ever...   

The truth is... even if we get an ndp government it Will be a minority and less effective overall.  I think we need to expect 4 yrs of something different before we get a solid government again. 
04 TJ Rubi

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 10:25:46 PM »
http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/alberta.html

I agree kev. But frack

Maybe after Alberta becomes a communist utopia I will finally justify moving to BC
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:29:12 PM by JackstandJohnny »

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 08:58:47 PM »
NDP is aligned with Castle Crown Coalition. Possible Castle closure.

SSRP is a plan that will balance use and maintain access for all OHV users. Without a plan we have nothing. If anyone tosses that plan out our chance of getting something better is slim.

Tenders are out right now for trail flood repairs and internal forces have been repairing flood damaged trails since mid 2014. Lots of repairs completed in Castle and north of Hwy 3.

Water crossings have been off limits for years (decades) but as bridges are not in place eyes have looked the other way as long as users behaved themselves in the crossings.

Proposed activities like the Crowsnest Crawl will drive the stake in backcountry usage in southern Alberta - somebody needs to clue in and put a stop to the idiots who are responsible for planning that.

Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline EEP

• UberWheeler
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 09:44:47 PM »
NDP is aligned with Castle Crown Coalition. Possible Castle closure.

SSRP is a plan that will balance use and maintain access for all OHV users. Without a plan we have nothing. If anyone tosses that plan out our chance of getting something better is slim.

Tenders are out right now for trail flood repairs and internal forces have been repairing flood damaged trails since mid 2014. Lots of repairs completed in Castle and north of Hwy 3.

Water crossings have been off limits for years (decades) but as bridges are not in place eyes have looked the other way as long as users behaved themselves in the crossings.

Proposed activities like the Crowsnest Crawl will drive the stake in backcountry usage in southern Alberta - somebody needs to clue in and put a stop to the idiots who are responsible for planning

Okay, now I am confused, what are you saying? Don't vote NDP, that's a given LOL. What does the crowsnest crawl have to do with the election?
01 XJ, RE 3.5" lift, Smittybilt XRC front & rear bumper, X2O 8,000 lb winch, 33" MT/R's
, ARB snorkel, lockers and a bunch of other stuff
06 TJ, 2" lift, 31" Goodyear Territory's.
14 JKU, wife's urban 4X4.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re:
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 07:36:01 PM »
Cuzican is not keen on the exposure that something like the crowsnest crawl will bring to the region and OHV activities.  I partially understand his concern but I also feel that if there is not more exposure to our activities then we stand little chance of gaining any support.

Anyway, NDP would be bad news for our back country activity.  Not sure there is a lot to their platform that is very appealing in my eyes.

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
Re:
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 08:14:55 PM »
Cuzican is not keen on the exposure that something like the crowsnest crawl will bring to the region and OHV activities.  I partially understand his concern but I also feel that if there is not more exposure to our activities then we stand little chance of gaining any support.

Anyway, NDP would be bad news for our back country activity.  Not sure there is a lot to their platform that is very appealing in my eyes.

I am very aware of the negative exposure the Crowsnest Crawl will have. Especially an activity that is advertised with dates before it is even planned or vetted with the authorities responsible for the area. I don't expect it will receive the TFA's - provided they have even been submitted - the bad part is that lack of TFA's and authorization will not prevent the many people who have planned their vacations around the activity from coming anyhow. Significant effort has been put into repairing trails and the potential trail traffic from a proposed Moab style seven day event will have a significant impact on the trails.

If it can't be done properly it shouldn't be done at all - if the planning is not done up front it has started out wrong - I know as Dave Hubert contacted me about some of the issues and wouldn't tell me why he was asking. Only afterwards did I realize what he was putting together. Carefull consideration of the potential repercussions are required at the planning stage.

If it's not clear my feeling is the Crowsnest Crawl has the potential to cause more damage to our sport in Southern Alberta than the SSRP.

I can only hope that the organizers will be held financially responsible to repair any damages that occur based on activities occurring on the proposed dates.

This might not have been the right post for me to bring it up on, but the comments on water crossing and SSRP just got me going on several points. At least I did not  get carried away and vent about how fumed off I am that the JK was introduced to the marketplace. If that minivan grocery getter hadn't been developed there'd be fewer of us running around in older jeeps drawing less attention to ourselves and a greater likelihood that we could sustain the existing trail system. Now people don't need to know how to build a jeep anymore they can just use their credit card and right away they think they're ready for the trails.

BTW I'm blue through and through and I don't want Alberta to change one little bit.

Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »

What does the crowsnest crawl have to do with the election?

It advertises an area where all the frickin' yahoos can go and party it up...

I have a vivid memory of Indian Grave after Waiporous was closed "a few" may long ago. It was just a war zone! It took many volunteers and countless hours...weeks to clean it up. It was just out of control and the government closed it not long after.  That's what going to happen!

A good fisherman will never talk about his favorite fishing hole.. he will show friends. That's all!

I'm finished

« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 08:30:48 PM by SwampSinger »

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 10:33:31 PM »
Wrong topic to rant about Crowsnest crawl.  Start another topic if you want to continue with it.