Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Powderface Trail  (Read 2587 times)

Offline upliftmofo

• Stocker
Powderface Trail
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »
So today I decided to go for a little rip up powder face trail. Just as I turned off Sibbald Creek trail, I ran into a construction foreman who told me that the trail was closed at kilometre 3. He said that his contract was going to the end of July, but that they would be finished in a couple weeks. He then told me we wasn't sure if the transportation department was going to re-open it at all this year. Does anybody on this forum have an insight on this subject? I can't find anything online.
Thanks
1999 XJ, 31's, winch, Aussie Locker (rear), front and rear recovery points

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Powderface Trail
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
Not really.  Roads like that are used mainly for access purposes. Following the floods many roads were closed off.  There is a road work website for alberta that you can watch or just try it again later.   
04 TJ Rubi

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »
I was out on Powderface trail last week (on foot) .. There is a decent wash-out at the 3km mark but people were driving past it and continuing on,

It's easily wide enough for single lane traffic, but I am not sure if there are other issues further down the road.

Offline johndeeretimex

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 09:02:42 PM »
thats funny cuz last year I was up and down that raod hunting and fishing. there was some damage on the road but passable with the jeep. Maybe this is the year that they are fixing it up!!!

Offline upliftmofo

• Stocker
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 03:51:36 AM »
So according to Alberta 511 this road will be closed until 2016

http://511.alberta.ca/map.html#x=-12777625&y=6598659&z=5&l=36
1999 XJ, 31's, winch, Aussie Locker (rear), front and rear recovery points

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »
I drove out there a couple weeks ago, sign says bridge washed out, doesn't say anything about the road being closed.... Drive at own risk???
YJ=Y’all Jealous