Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: AURS Executive?  (Read 6300 times)

Offline Crispy

• Stocker
AURS Executive?
« on: June 15, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »
Does anyone know who has control of the AURS bank account?  I have been trying to find out over the past while, but nobody seems to know who has control of the account.  There was a good chunk of change in that account and I'd like to know what happened to it.  Last I heard it was going to be passed on to an organization that would use the funds for trail maintenance.  Does anyone know if that ever happened?
Chris Pedersen

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: AURS Executive?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:04:04 PM »
The monies have never been passed on Chris. One of the old executive was a member here. Nathan ?
Heard other member who had signing power was from Edmonton.
A member who has some of the old books is a member of the land cruiser  association. Contact Peter Straub for his contact.
Andy

Offline Crispy

• Stocker
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
From the info I have been able to gather over the past few years, the last two signing authorities were Nathan Avery and Kevin Novakowski...not sure if Cody Auclair still has any authority, but he was the last President of the organization as far as I know, so he likely should.   

The AURS bank will not release funds because it has been so long...In order to get those funds, Scotiabank suggested that AURS would have to have a brief revival to go through a proper dissolution.... call a special meeting of last known members and officers, pass resolutions, record meeting minutes, assign signing authority to some duly elected officers... go to the bank with those records in hand along with current Society registration documents and unlock the dormant accounts, get the money out and close the accounts.  To my knowledge, a gent from the Landcruiser association did all of this paperwork and simply needs some signatures from some or all of the above to make this happen so the funds can go to a worthy organization who will allocate them to projects that benefit trail users. 

I am guessing Peter Straub still frequents the forum periodically and I'm hoping he can chime in on the guy from the landcruiser club who might be able to confirm what I have posted here is accurate?

I have posted this here because I understand that Nathan and Kevin are or have been members of CJA and maybe they can help make this happen?

The funds were raised by alot of hard work by a lot of people and they should be used for trail maintenance rather than rotting in some bank account.

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 02:53:35 PM »
Where would the money go?  Which organization?
04 TJ Rubi

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »
Originally it was agreed to that the monies would go to aohva, for multiple use trail projects.  But now trails for tomorrow would be a better match.

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:29:48 PM »
We need coady to sign this over. Peter and I have tried befor but no luck.....
Nathan Avery.
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf