Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Calgary Remote Control Track Places and Clubs  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Calgary Remote Control Track Places and Clubs
« on: July 23, 2015, 03:52:24 PM »
I am looking for a remote control track place as I got a pretty fast rwd buggy.
Or clubs to join too would be cool.

I like the scale functional 4wd units they sell, but they are over $500.

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
Re: Calgary Remote Control Track Places and Clubs
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »
RC stuff can cost as much or as little as you want to spend.  The 4wd scale stuff is expensive new, but can be found cheap second hand.  I've picked up SCX10 rollers for under $180.  Heck, just built up a scaler for a buddy out of spar parts in my basement.....LOL!

Tracks: Blackfoot MX (Wildrose now, I guess?) is the best one in town.  Because I think it's all we have unless the RC track up in the FAR NE by the Calgary Sports Car Club is still a round.  I think the Blackfoot track is $2/day to use?  CARS used to do some indoor racing (on & offroad), but I don't know if they're still active?  PM Hobby (South) used to do indoor rock crawling after Ted moved his "garage" set-up there.  Its been a while since I've been active in the competition RC scene, so most of this info is possibly a bit rusty/dated.

Clubs: I tend to avoid them........RC guys are even odder/more obsessive then Jeep guys.  ;)

CalgaryRC.com is a reasonable site to check out for local stuff.  Usually lots of stuff for sale if nothing else.
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.