Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Vintage RC, knives, bikes stuff, and other bits from the basement  (Read 2192 times)

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
Okay, trying to clear out a whole bunch of random stuff.  Not remotely Jeep related unless you get really creative.

1. Tamiya Rough Rider

This is a very nice original Tamiya Rough Rider.  It is the RARE MK1 variant, as shown by the front torsion spring screw mounts, and the notched rear gearbox.  A very nice rare addition to any collection.

This car was a runner for a while, but would be a GREAT candidate for a restoration due to it's overall condition.  Mechanically it is complete, and in nice shape (bumper is a little rough).  Electronics box is nice, and includes all 4 original cam-locks.  Body is nice, with no cracks.  Roof lights mounts have been filled, but a new roof panel & lights is included.  Driver base has a small piece broke off the corner, but a new base is included as well.  Two sets of original-style repro stickers are included also.

$250

For an additional $50 I can include a NOS set or rear tires, and a VERY RARE NIB set of front tires & wheels (NOS).

2. Tamiya Dyna Storm

A nice Tamiya Dyna storm that I picked up many moons ago.  Run, but in good shape overall.  This is the original release, and not the Re-rerelease.

I have managed to collect enough NIB parts to rebuild the ENTIRE car, including the very hard to find shock bodies, and a NIB body set (plus an additional repro body.  Motor, tires, wheel, chassis.........every part is here to build a brand new car except for the internal transmission gears.  Find those, and you basically have a new buggy AND a runner.

$275

3. Losi Micro Baja: Ran fine last time I used it.....and then it sat for years.  RTR.  $50

4. SOLD

5. Wheels & Tires.
          -Proline Badlands: *SOLD*
          -Proline Beadlocks:  Old school, great condition, 14mm hex's.  3.2" rim. $10
          -HPI TerraPin Tires & wheels: Tires are in great shape, but two of the hex's (17mm?) are stripped. $10
          -Proline Sandpaw 2.2 tires & Beadlocks: Dusty but could be new?  $30
          -Axial stock 1.9 wheels (NIB): *SOLD*
          -Proline Flat Iron 1.9 tires with two stage foams: *SOLD*
          -RC4WD Outcropper 1.9 tires & Foam (single): $5
          -RC4WD Micky Thompson Baja MTZ 1.9 tire & foam (single): $5
          -HPI 1.9 wheels (new): 6 for $10
          -Imex Road Dawg tires & Tamiya Clod Buster wheels: $20

6. 6x6 Truck Project:

Started to collect parts for a 6x6 build a LONG time ago, and I just don't see myself finishing this.

Bruder MAN cab, Reign RC K2-6L chassis, HPI rims, NIB RC4WD 1.9 RokLox tires, Tamiya CVA dampers, TLT front axle with steel C-hubs & aluminum knuckles, Tamiya semi center and rear axles with aluminum axle extenders (to match TLT width), ax10/scx10 transmission dig unit (was going to use for selectable 4wd/6wd), some linkages, some hardware, and even a cardboard box to put it all in.

$200 or $240 c/w a set of 8 1.9 beadlocks (black with aluminum rings)

7. A pair of Joseph Bowen fixed blades. Both are brand new, razor sharp, and never used or carried.

Both blades are spec'd as:

-CTS-XHP steel (@62RC)
     -Overall Length: 7-5/8"
     -Blade Length: 3.5"
     -5' Mil-spec paracord wrap
     -Tek-Lock compatible Kydex sheath

The "regular" prepper is double hollow ground, and the Double Compound ground version is....well, just that.  The Prepper was a limited run, though I don't know how many Joseph did.  The compound ground version is one of only nine that were made.  Both blades are beautiful, and have a 220grit satin finish.  I paid $340 cad ($285usd) each for these blades.  Selling for $225 Cad each.  If you want both, I'll do $400.

8. Full custom Filip DeCoene Hybrid 55 friction folder.

This is one of the nicest little knives I've ever handled, and it has a very unique minimalist aesthetic.  This was custom done direct from Filip (in Belgium), and took ~6 months to receive.  It is brand new, never used or carried, and the blade is dead centered.

Specs:

- ATS34 steel (@58-60)
- 55mm blade length
- 6AL4V Titanium Liners
- Orange G10 scales

I paid $410 Cad (340usd) for this, but will sell for $300 Cad.

9. Brous Blades Silent Soldier XL

This is number 246/250, and is the full acid wash version.  I picked this up a while ago, flipped it a few times, and just found that I preferred the smaller size of my regular SS.  If I'm not gonna carry or use it, I can't justify keeping it, so hopefully someone else can give this a good home.

Specs:

Overall Length: 7 3/4"
Blade Length: 3"
Blade Thickness: 3/16"
Blade Material: D2
Handle Material: 6AL4V Titanium
Handle Thickness: .545"
Closed Length: 4 3/4"

Very cool framelock design with adjustable lock up.  It is heavily milled from the backside, and is surprisingly light in hand.  Stonewashed and fully acid washed give it a very rough and tumble utilitarian look.  Nicely centered, smooth flipping, and truly a unique looking knife.  Includes birthcard, pivot adjustment tool, and Brous Blades padded hardcase.

Retails for $750+.  Selling for $550.

Open to entertaining offers as long as the offers are not too entertaining.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:39:29 AM by bRIBEGuy »
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.

Offline bRIBEGuy

• Budget Lift
Re: Vintage RC, knives, bikes stuff, and other bits from the basement
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 11:17:11 AM »
Prices dropped and items added.
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.