Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 1981 CJ5 for sale  (Read 1632 times)

Offline SparkyD

• Stocker
1981 CJ5 for sale
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:01:20 PM »
I'm really not wanting to do this but I dont want to use this car as my daily driver and I need another car.

So what Im needing to sell is my green 1981 CJ-5. It sits on 33's (very good condition) with a 2" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. The body is a fiberglass tub. Very minimal surface rusting on the frame. The motor is a 1987 AMC 360 V8 which was rebulit about 2 years ago, very nice motor with almost all edelbrock performance, dual exhaust, 4 speed manual transmission, 1st gear is a crawler gear. It has a front mounted PTO drive winch controllable with the gears. Its obviously 4X4. I just installed a new starter, coolent gauge, headgaskets, and Warn locking hubs 4 months ago.

Now for the issues which arent bad I just dont have the time or money to fix them at the moment. The windshield has a crack in it, the tilt on the steering wheel is broken, the mount for the power steering has a crack in it so it doesnt want to stay in place ( I just removed the belt and drive without power steering), The muffler is loose at the manifold so it doesnt make the really awesome purr it used to. and the rear plasitc window is cracked but clear duct tape can fix that. Still very drivable and I get comments on it all the time.

Now to selling price, I bought this Jeep in January for 6000, Im hating to let it go because that was a really good deal, but keeping in mind its not in perfect condition, Im thinking with its repair cost I can go to $4200, but I am open to reasonable offers.

Shoot me a message if you are anyone you know is interested :)

Below is the kijiji link

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1981-cj-5-with-some-nice-upgrades-does-need-some-love-though/1090548026?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:04:24 PM by SparkyD »