Vladimer on August 06, 2015, 10:46:21 PM
Recently went on a trip with a few of the guys from CJA from Calgary to Penticton. I regrettably didn't have enough time off work so had to return for Tuesday but they continued on until today.

Thank you for leading the run, Andy!

Synopsis of the adventure up to the time I had to leave: http://offroad.outdoorescapade.com/2015/08/01/2015-08-01-calgary-to-penticton/4/

Gallery takes up 3 pages, one for each day. I was a passenger as my Jeep wasn't fixed in time so I had some free time to take more photos.
http://offroad.outdoorescapade.com/2015/08/01/2015-08-01-calgary-to-penticton/

raf2379 on August 06, 2015, 10:56:43 PM
definitely one of the best runs I've been on. now I have to build a rear bumper so I can mount my license plate back ;)

morerpmfred on August 07, 2015, 06:13:08 AM
Thank you for posting up. Got home noon yesterday then worked a full day. Dead tired. Will post up some pictures and a short story on the rest of the run.
This was on the eastern part of the kvr. Tunnel was about a mile long with a curve in it so you could turn of your head lights and not see day light from either end.

bRIBEGuy on August 07, 2015, 07:12:56 AM
So jealous!

Sounds like a great adventure.
'00 XJ Classic, 3" OME lift, 32's, custom stereo.

Vladimer on August 07, 2015, 08:03:28 AM
definitely one of the best runs I've been on. now I have to build a rear bumper so I can mount my license plate back ;)

I've seen a fair bit of license plates ripped off but yours was artistic, not only busted but you managed to almost roll it into a taco and still have it dangle lol

raf2379 on August 07, 2015, 08:44:42 AM
aye

w squared on August 07, 2015, 10:04:11 AM
The designers of the JK must have been Queen fans.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

xpedition xj-eh! on August 07, 2015, 08:42:05 PM
Wow, I need to do this! That looked like a real adventure. Now that you guys have plowed the trail and done the hard work, it needs to be kept up :)

Any chance you guys have GPS tracks for this?
My project "Xpedition XJ-Eh!" : http://i4s.ca/xj-eh
A bunch of build photos: http://i4s.ca/photo/index.php?/category/7

Immortal on August 10, 2015, 04:59:01 PM
How in hell did you roll it that way?
I keep buying older Jeeps. Crazy is as crazy does....
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

morerpmfred on August 10, 2015, 08:38:54 PM
Everything we did is in the current back road maps. We only use gps to confirm our location on the map.
Only deviation was at the top of rose pass where the gps indicated where to turn and we went up the trail another two miles and turned there instead. Its all in the notes / links ^^^^^^ above.

morerpmfred on August 10, 2015, 09:03:58 PM
Was a good week. Meet up with everyone at aldersyde or out in the forestry saterday morning. No details on travel for Alberta as this is public.
So i will start in Kimberly. Headed west on St Marrys forest service road then went up rose pass passed two forest fires on the way in. Lost the track and camped up top. In the morning the views where all blanketed in smoke. Continued up , over and down the other side. Trail was overgrown and had lots of hidden ledges and drop offs. Branches polished up the paint quite nicly????
On the way down chainsaw was well used. Popped out on pavement a couple miles from Balfour ferry.
Continued north to Retalack and headed up and over Reno mountain. Think there was 4500 feet of elevation gain. And down to cody. Camped in a couple different spots that night.
In the morning three of us headed to farquar to grab another ferry. From there more fsr till we hit the kvr at arlington. A couple more fsr and came out behind the circle track in Penticton.
Camped for the night and fid some more kvr to myra canyon. Did a bypass to kelowna and lost one more. Apparently there is a beach there.
From there made a mile to midway where we camped fir the night. Just past Christina lake more kvr to Castlegar. Went through four tunnels and a couple trussels.
Backed tracked cause driving on kvr is not allowed in town limits.