Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Would anyone like to give me a hand installing a 4" lift in my JKU?  (Read 5609 times)

Offline McFly92

• Stocker
Hey guys I was wonder if someone here that has a shop would want to give me a hand installing a 4" lift kit in my 2013 JKU.

The jeep currently has 33 tires with a 2.4 puck lift, but I would like to swap that out for 4" long arm and a 2" body lift.

Thanks in advance
Kyle

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
Re: Would anyone like to give me a hand installing a 4" lift in my JKU?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 09:58:34 AM »
that's is quite a lot of lift especially on 33's. and a 2" body lift. I'm running 33's on 2.5" metal cloak lift. is this just for street or is it intended for modrate wheeling. with 4" do you have new drive shafts as well?

which long arm did you go with? I can install the lift for you, but not until after Sept 21's, @ $50/hr

Offline McFly92

• Stocker
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »
I have not picked out lift I want to use yet, but yes I realize that I will need upgraded drive shafts.  I will be off road with the truck a fair bit, but I want to stay with 33s for the on road advantages for now. Eventually I will upgrade to 35s.

Thanks for the offer I will take it into consideration.

Also if anyone wants to suggest what lift I should get I am open to suggestions.

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 12:28:51 PM »
i went with the 2.5 true dual rate fo x edition and love it. im running 33s with stock fenders and can easily fit 35s. i did the rancho exhaust spacer. no need for new drive shafts. great on road and awesome off road. nice low center of gravity

for a long arm kit. i really like the teraflex kit. best price for a complete kit.

there is a huge popularity for the rock krawler system, but im not a big fan as it mainly intended for offroad use. overhyped i think.

Evo log arm system is popular too and what i read about it its a good kit and manny like it.

stay away from any radius arm kits. my next step will be coilovers, but if i was to do a long arm kit it would be the 2.5" teraflex LCG long arm kit with 37" tires. shops will try to sell you with what brand they deal with, but do some reaserch and you will find that metal cloak, teraflex or evo are probably the top 3. and RK.

ill be out wheeling in september if you want to come out and see the metalcloak in action. Lots of JK owners out there hopefully they will chime in with their brand of lift experience

Offline McFly92

• Stocker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 01:02:59 PM »
Where and when are you guys going in September?

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »
sept 26 and 27. at maclean creek

Offline jkrubi

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 04:34:53 PM »
I'm running a teraflex 2.5 coil lift, I can easily fit 35.  You'll have to trim the pinch seam and possible trim the fenders.  It's an ok lift no complaints, RK adjustable control arms and track bar, rides the same as stock to me. 
2" body lift only work if you have an automatic, the manuals hit the transmission tunnel when shifting. 
I would rethink the body lift, as well as the 4" lift, you gonna run 37+ tires? You'll have the room for it. 4" fit 35 with lots of room to spare, you can fit 35 with some trimming on a 2.5" lift.  You can get by without changing control arms on a 2.5" , but will need them at 4" it's handles poorly.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 12:40:08 AM »
You can fit 35" tires with metal cloaks fenders and no lift. Or 2.5" lift will fit 35's. We deal metalcloak, clayton offroad and teraflex and they all offer top of the line products that just plain work. These are all offered with various shock options as well. Long arm or mid-arm options too. A lot of choices is good, either way you can't go wrong. But I agree with the others, keep it low, avoid the body lift. Start with a 2.5" lift and 33-35" tires, when you're ready for 37" tires look at the metal cloak fenders.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 12:58:50 AM »
You can fit 35" tires with metal cloaks fenders and no lift. Or 2.5" lift will fit 35's. We deal metalcloak, clayton offroad and teraflex and they all offer top of the line products that just plain work. These are all offered with various shock options as well. Long arm or mid-arm options too. A lot of choices is good, either way you can't go wrong. But I agree with the others, keep it low, avoid the body lift. Start with a 2.5" lift and 33-35" tires, when you're ready for 37" tires look at the metal cloak fenders.

where is the thumbs up button when you need one. I ordered my Metalcloak 2.5" kit from brokenaxle. also teraflex now offers a high angle CV for the drive shaft so no need to spend $600 bux on a drive shaft.

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 10:11:42 AM »
Keep business local, go see Cory Dean and get him to build you a drive shaft.

Driveline Specialties Inc. 403-523-9990