Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Pretty slow in CJA lately  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Pretty slow in CJA lately
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »
For the past year or so, been coming back to CJA to check things out and it seems pretty slow.

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Pretty slow in CJA lately
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:51:54 PM »
Majority of the guys who run trails do not post up. Quick announcement on the forum or get together and no trail reports. Why spoil the obstacle for the next guy. 
There being a couple other jeep forums that support jeeps with all the pimp my ride accessories.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:30:22 PM »
The problem is that half the club had their license revoked for excessive moving violations and thus they aren't driving their Jeeps.

The other half is sitting through a "pay or stay" fine.

And me. I just moved to Texas.

And Immortal. He still has 7 years to go on his 5 year plan to get his XJ running.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 06:43:07 PM »
And Immortal. He still has 7 years to go on his 5 year plan to get his XJ running.

LOL

ohhh wait I shouldn't laugh my XJ been on jack stands for 5 years and counting  :-[

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 08:43:25 PM »
LOL

ohhh wait I shouldn't laugh my XJ been on jack stands for 5 years and counting  :-[

But you have an excuse. Instead of serving time in remand, you've spent 3/4 of your adult life exiled to the jungles of outer Kerblakistan. Or is it deserts? I can't remember.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 11:41:55 PM »
Yeah if people only knew what the fine was for no insurance, I see it all the time, cars parked with no plates (Especially in alleys) and they try to hide the plate somehow.
Some are even wrench spinners.

Its against city bylaw to have an unattached trailer parked on city streets/alleys. So this guy has a cube trailer, heavy, hooked up to a 1/4 ton sonoma and the back bumper is hitting the ground.
The trailer wasnt hooked up for the longest time, I was always tempted to call it in, never did. I believe thats an $80 fine. I dont really want to call in home owners, its those damn construction trades that park unhitched trailers. Been tempted to call the Midnapore Condo by Centex in many times. Its an eyesore.

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
So you're one of those.....

Whats it to you if someone leaves an unattached trailer in  an alleyway provided its behind their house and not blocking anything. So what if that small business owner can't afford(and is smart enough not to lease) a new fancy truck just so he has a 2nd truck keep his trailer attached to. Its an alleyway, its where you put out your trash, its not supposed to look fancy. Keep it up and in 50 years you'll be that old guy sitting on his front deck yelling at the kids playing on the street.

Here's another tip for ya, its illegal to work on your own car in a garage in Calgary as well, better report everyone on this site.

I'm soooo glad I moved out of the city.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 08:26:32 AM »
watched a guy do a diff service in the parking lot of Autovalue the other day...... that was pretty interesting.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 02:59:17 PM »
watched a guy do a diff service in the parking lot of Autovalue the other day...... that was pretty interesting.

Haha, gotta do what you gotta do....hey?
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »
Haha, gotta do what you gotta do....hey?

it was a lifted red XJ too...........

wait, was that you Jonas?!?!?!?!? 

LOL

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 03:49:30 PM »

LOL

You wasted a word Johnny. All XJ's are red.

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 04:33:21 PM »
Like i said I rarely if ever phone them in, but been tempted many times.

I called in only once it was an "Abandoned" car, sat for months taking up valuable on street parking space. Never know if they are stolen and dumped anyway, so take it as a kind gesture I guess. Once I called it in, the next day the car was gone. Dont know if cops called the # on plate and owner moved it, or if it was stolen, or parking authority just towed it.

Its these trailers left unhitched, especially construction trailers.....real bad in new neighborhoods. Bylaw should crack down, but Im sure bylaw lets them slide!

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »

Its these trailers left unhitched, especially construction trailers.....real bad in new neighborhoods. Bylaw should crack down, but Im sure bylaw lets them slide!

I worked with a guy that left his 18' construction trailer on site un-hitched and out of the way of neighbours.
Somebody still called by-law and they told him he couldn't leave it un-hitched anymore. He went and got his second truck and left it in the same spot but now with a truck taking up another parking space. Not a thing anybody could do about it either as long as it moved every 72 hours ( which he did then promptly put it right back in the same spot).
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 02:22:32 PM »

LOL

hahaha......no....I don't service my diffs!!  :P
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 08:38:29 AM »
hahaha......no....I don't service my diffs!!  :P

they service themselves. just keep the drain plugs out and go through enough mud that'll clean em out nicely ;)