Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 2015 Adopt-a-family  (Read 3724 times)

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
2015 Adopt-a-family
« on: November 19, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »
Hey folks

Th CJA is adopting 1 maybe 2 families this year (maybe 3???).   The club itself will be putting money towards this, but I know individuals will want to participate as well.  

When we adopt a family, every family member gets a gift, including the parents.  Children will get a toy, an article of clothing and the family gets gift cards for food.   The more we raise, the more we get for our families and make this Christmas a very special one.

I will be collecting cash donations from anyone who wants to donate.   You can drop off donations with me over the next couple of weeks, or simple send an etransfer to me.   I will track all donations and provide a complete list to the executive.

As we get our families, I will be asking for some help buying and wrapping presents and then delivering everything (in jeeps of course)

The CJA members and fellow wheelers have always been very generous in years past.  I hope you can find a way to help some fellow Calgarians in need this year.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.   For donations, you can send transfers to [email protected] and PM me the password.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:58:57 PM by specialk »
04 TJ Rubi

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: 2015 Adpot-a-family
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »
I just received our families for this year's adopt a family.  We have one family that is a single mom and a 10 yr old boy.  The other is a single mom with 3 kids that 4, 2.5 and 14 months. 

If you like to help out these families, please pm me or text me at 403 829 3711.  We can make arrangements for getting cash donations to help these families out this year.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 03:59:34 PM »
Thanks for all the donations to date. There is still time to help out... every few dollars helps. 
04 TJ Rubi

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 02:35:49 PM »
I just to thank everyone who has donated so far.   We have been able to get EVERYTHING on these families lists.   And while we bought the kids trendy toys, the one video game they really wanted, and the crafts... we have also made sure they have a new clothing outfit.   In fact, the list of necessities were also purchased.  Towel sets, winter coats, long underwear, socks, toques , mitts and gloves.  One family needed pots and we have been able to provide.   All further donations will be going to towards Superststore gift cards so they can purchase food and any other necessities they may need.   

A big thanks to everyone who has helped out! 
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 06:48:29 PM »
You spelled adopt wrong in the title.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 06:57:56 PM »
I did! You adopt...
04 TJ Rubi

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: 2015 Adopt-a-family
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:52:54 PM »
crap, when do you need the money by?  Can I still send or did I miss it?

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2015, 09:22:36 AM »
Sorry Dan... hampers were delivered to our families yesterday. 

There are 2 very appreciative families out there.  They could not believe the number of presents and the Superstore gift cards.  Thanks again to all who donated.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 10:15:56 AM »
Crap!

Well I'm glad there were lots of donations... I will have to put in some extra money into another charity.

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
Re:
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 04:09:03 PM »
Great job guys!!
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it