Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CB and FRS channels  (Read 7849 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
CB and FRS channels
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2005, 08:43:41 AM »
Quote from: "fug"
I had one of the hand helds from Princess Auto for a weekend and ended up returning it.  I don't know if I got a bad one or not but I might as well have not had a radio on that run.  I think I heard 2 transmissions the whole day.  

i too have the cheap princess auto handheld. i attached it to a removeable antenna cable that is permanently attatched to a CB antenna. i just hook the open end of cable onto the handheld and it works mint :)
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
CB and FRS channels
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2005, 09:35:28 AM »
Ditto Spinalguy. I've got a cheapie from P-A as well. Works great and will work better with the external whip. Fug... i had to go through three of them, a 20 amp automotive fuse, and a 20 amp fuse inside the cigarette lighter adapter before I found that was good.

Cheap but effective.

RUBI

Channels
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2005, 08:46:18 PM »
:roll: EXCUUUUSE ME................apparently channel 13 is THE CHANNEL, and I guess it was( NOT )very clear, and IS NOT very clear , when nobody seems to know what the official designated CJA channel is/was.Not everybody has been around on this site forever, and knows all the quirks or do and dont's.............so Please forgive us less fortunate fools kind sir :oops:  :oops:

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
CB and FRS channels
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 09:05:23 PM »
Take a chill pill.  :roll: You asked. I tried to clarify. Clarification did not seem to come across. I tried again. Just because I did not post any smilies, does not mean I was discourtious. Your tone, however, is. So excuse me for trying to convey the right info. :oops:
Keep on Jeepin'

RUBI

Apologies
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2005, 11:28:39 PM »
:oops: Sorry Milan, didn't mean to come off so loud. Just find it kinda frustrating when there seems to be all these rules and guide lines to follow, and yet no where to find or refer to them. Some kinda info section should be set up for Newbies  (like me) who don't know any better. So once again...........hope the apology is accepted, maybe I can do so in person sometime :wink:

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
CB and FRS channels
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2005, 08:42:08 AM »
No problemo. :) No apology needed. I was not offended. Like I said, just take it easy. I understand your frustration but keep in mind the new site just came up. The info you're talking about is either available but not on the web yet or we're in the process of "making" it. You see lot of these "rules" have been lost over the years or dropped and we're either reviving them at members requests or we're coming up with new ones, since nobody knows if there was such a thing and if there was what it is. Also, as the club changes, so do some of its policies. It is an ongoing process.

The idea of a common communication media and furthermore a common "wavelength" (pun intended) is a solid one. That's why I wanted people to know we already had such a thing in place. The focus since late last year is to make all these policies clearer and get members used to applying/following them. This, I think is on the members forum, so the public may be a bit confused until it's all in place.

Hope this helps shed some light on this and clears things up a bit in general. :D
Keep on Jeepin'