Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Wanted: Wagoneer Front leaf springs  (Read 1777 times)

Offline Uboatcmdr

• Budget Lift
Wanted: Wagoneer Front leaf springs
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:07:07 PM »
Hey everyone,

Looking for a pair of front waggy springs.

I'm planning on switching my 8.8 over to SOA with some lowered spring mounts to hopefully net around 4-5" of lift when loaded down with my excessive amount of camping gear haha.

If anyone has a better recommendation for low lift SOA leaf springs feel free to chime in.
Have some parts for an anti wrap bar on route and I decided I should deal with this now instead of struggling with crappy sagged out rough country leafs SUA

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Wanted: Wagoneer Front leaf springs
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »
What are you putting it in?

When I had my XJ I was running a 4" lift pack that I added the main leaf(with eyes cut off) and 2nd leaf from a Waggy front pack. I then added a really short but thick overload spring on the bottom from a 3/4ton truck, this was all stacked on a 1" block with Chevy shackles.  The result was about 8" of lift that was very flexy and still carried a crap load of tools/parts, 35" spare, 2 dogs and kids. No axle wrap either.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Uboatcmdr

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
I guess that would be helpful information haha.

It's a frame/tub stretched to 108" wheelbase yj with a 5.3, currently on 35s until I can afford with 1tons.
I have a fuel cell behind the front seats, so I have room for a couple inches of stretch but the jeep sees a good amount of highway time so xj leafs and a comp cut aren't really an option.

I'm planning on having to mix and match bastard packs to get the ride height/spring rate dialed in, the waggy packs seem like a good starting point though.

Where did you get you're waggy leafs from? Car-part.com shows a junkyard in sylvan lake with a few pairs but I would obviously prefer something local.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
There's a 77 wagoneer at pick n pull. Suspension was intact last weekend.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Uboatcmdr

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 09:35:34 PM »
Oh awesome thanks, I was looking on their inventory and didn't see anything.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 10:14:58 PM »
Row 3, right along the fence.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 10:54:14 PM »
I guess that would be helpful information haha.

It's a frame/tub stretched to 108" wheelbase yj with a 5.3, currently on 35s until I can afford with 1tons.
I have a fuel cell behind the front seats, so I have room for a couple inches of stretch but the jeep sees a good amount of highway time so xj leafs and a comp cut aren't really an option.

I'm planning on having to mix and match bastard packs to get the ride height/spring rate dialed in, the waggy packs seem like a good starting point though.

Where did you get you're waggy leafs from? Car-part.com shows a junkyard in sylvan lake with a few pairs but I would obviously prefer something local.

This was close to 10 years ago and you saw a lot more FSJ at PYP.  I probably had remnants from 6-7 pairs of different leaf spring packs kicking around my back yard at one point.  I liked the front Waggy's for mixing and matching as they were long with tons of arch, but thin so they flexed well.  If ordering new be aware there were different packs sizes which I *think*had either 3, 5 or 6 leafs.

Offline Uboatcmdr

• Budget Lift
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 11:16:38 AM »
Damn, the one at pick and pull has the whole front axle and suspension torched out

Offline Uboatcmdr

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »
Just got back from sylvan lake with a pair of 7 leaf waggys, thanks for the help guys

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 07:39:51 PM »
Nice score!