Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Roof Rack  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Lanshark

• Stocker
Roof Rack
« on: April 24, 2016, 05:17:01 PM »
So I'm looking into getting a roof rack for my 2 door '14 JK, any suggestions?

I want a full body roof rack and really like the look and versatility of the Garvin Wilderness Rack, but don't want one that needs additional drilling to install, preferably bolt on.
Racks with a raised edge almost like a cargo basket look or ones with cargo baskets are what I'm leaning towards. Any suggestions on the rack or rack+basket set ups?

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
Re: Roof Rack
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:16:47 AM »
Not too familiar with the Garvin racks but its a good name brand. I have a Kargomaster rack on my XJ that is about 10 years old now. It still looks brand new. I have been really happy with it. Very sturdy and well built. I have always been a believer that when it comes to jeep parts you get what you pay for. Racks included. Depending on what you intend to put up there make sure that the rack and basket are specced to carry the weight.
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD