Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: WJ Overland 4.7 HO  (Read 1672 times)

Offline BeansMcT

• Stocker
WJ Overland 4.7 HO
« on: May 15, 2016, 09:45:18 PM »
So this is my first post as i will be getting a WJ 4.7HO soon.

Its bone stock and i'm wondering what you guys/gals would do for a good street/intermediate wheeling rig ?
Thanks

javascript:void(0);

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: WJ Overland 4.7 HO
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:22:43 PM »
First do all the repairs and maintenance  it may need. After that drive it and see how it feels. If you want to upsize your tire a little try a small 2" lift with good quality shocks. Bilstein or OME. And choose a good name brand aggressive all terrain tire. Then drive it more and decide where you'd like improvements.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline BeansMcT

• Stocker
Re: Re: WJ Overland 4.7 HO
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 09:19:35 PM »
First do all the repairs and maintenance  it may need. After that drive it and see how it feels. If you want to upsize your tire a little try a small 2" lift with good quality shocks. Bilstein or OME. And choose a good name brand aggressive all terrain tire. Then drive it more and decide where you'd like improvements.
I'm actually purchasing the vehicle of my father. Which we both worked on over the years. So I know exactly what has happened to the vehicle.

Only issue we've found is the radiator cap. which I'll be fixing ASAP

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: WJ Overland 4.7 HO
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »
Keep good oil in it, change it frequently, and maintain the best air filtration possible. Those motors have a weak bottom end are prone to washing out the rearward rod bearings if they aren't well maintained.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]