Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: newbie  (Read 2051 times)

Offline asb92

• Stocker
« on: May 31, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
Hello,

I just got a jeep Wrangler 2012 and i have a few questions regarding taking the roof off and doors off. Im wondering if i would get in trouble for having the doors off from the cops and also if i would require side mirrors? If this has been asked before it would be great help if you could post the link to it.

Thanks guys

Offline Graveltravels

• Budget Lift
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:29:12 PM »
You can run no doors in Alberta, but need mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 12:50:43 PM »
Side mirrors are nice to have. I'm not sure on legalities of having them there or not if you have a rear view mirror. But doors off is legal in Alberta, apparently not in BC though. Getting your doors off may be tricky, they tend to seize in the pivots.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »
The regs basically say that if the vehicle came with side mirrors from the factory, you can't remove them.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:44:02 AM »
The regs basically say that if the vehicle came with side mirrors from the factory, you can't remove them.

If you are goign to run with doors off, do yourself a favor and add a mirror relocation bracket on the driver's side and a 2" "sticky" convex mirror on the passenger side heater vent. That way you're legal....and you can see what's behind you.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(