Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Regnar

• Stocker
  • '05 TJ
Hello!
« on: May 08, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
New member here.  Bought a bone stock 2005 TJ sport last month, and am enjoying it now as a toy.  Plans are to put a zone 3" lift, 32's, rancho 9000 shocks, front disconnects, a ford 8.8 4.10 w/ truetrac and a HP dana 30 with 4.10's and a locker.  It's currently on worn 31's and stock 3.07 axles.  I'm trying for a reliable, simple but fun wheeler that doesn't beat me up.

I am coming from a Ranger that was on 32's (that are going on the jeep), and I had planned on doing a SAS on the ranger using a HP D30 but came to my senses and bought the jeep.  I came to the realization that I want to spend more time driving and less time on wrenching (I have lots in the way of projects, and even more ideas, than I have time to do them).

So, just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm more of a lurker, but hope to contribute from time to time

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
Welcome to the group. Post up any questions you may have. There's a lot of people around here that have seen and done it all. Check out our monthly meetings, good way to meet members in person.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:46:14 PM »
Ditto that! The meetings can always use a little more new blood (or is it fresh meat?)... can never quite remember.  ;) 
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline Regnar

• Stocker
  • '05 TJ
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
Minor update:

32's got sold with the truck, got 33" General Grabber X3's, zone lift installed.  Still on stock axles.