Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Squeaks and Rust  (Read 1041 times)

Offline dljaljevic

• Winch Wench
Squeaks and Rust
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:13:41 PM »
Hello everyone!
This weekend I bought my first wrangler (2013 Sport, 2 Door) and I love it!
I just have some questions though, there is rust on the frame underneath. I was thinking about sandblasting/sanding/chemically removing it, and then applying POR15. Anyone have any experience/comments with this?
I also have a light squeaking sound when I drive at lower speeds (40-50 km/h). I'm thinking it could be my suspension, I tried to lube it up but I can't find any grease fittings. Does anyone have any advice for greasing it up? Thanks!

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Squeaks and Rust
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 06:38:16 PM »
Por15 works pretty good, but be warned the frame on these jeeps hangs low and takes a lot of abuse off-road. And the squeak you have almost sounds like a driveshaft joint squeaking, which is common when the rzeppa joint boot cracks open.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline dljaljevic

• Winch Wench
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 01:17:58 PM »
Por15 works pretty good, but be warned the frame on these jeeps hangs low and takes a lot of abuse off-road. And the squeak you have almost sounds like a driveshaft joint squeaking, which is common when the rzeppa joint boot cracks open.

Hey thanks for the reply, I am going camping this weekend and then getting the windsheild replaced Tuesday. Was thinking of bringing the jeep by your shop sometime next week for a diagnosis?

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:23:40 PM »
Yeah sounds good. Give us a shout next week.
YJ=Y’all Jealous