Off Highway Staging Area > Open Trail Rides

Moab Trip Sept 14-26th 2017

(1/3) > >>

renegade350:
I will be in Moab September 17th-24th ish and am wondering if anyone will be there at the same time and would want to meet up for some trails - nothing too hardcore.  I have already booked a few things including a camp site on the White Rim so the dates are firm and I am fully committed.  Bonneville World of Speed is September 15-18th.     

w squared:
Well....I am going to be in Ouray until September 15th or so. Wandering a bit West and spending some time in Utah probably would be a smart idea while I'm in the area.

Josh54:
How was the trip?

w squared:
It was great. I can't report on White Rim - but Top Of The World and Elephant Hill were absolutely amazing.

For anyone visiting Moab, Top Of The World is absolutely worth having on your schedule. Elephant Hill is also great - different scenery than the trails closer to Moab, and some very interesting technical sections. One tip for JK owners...you may want to make sure you don't have a top on your Jeep when you try it. There's one off-camber spot in "The Devil's Pocket" where there is less than one inch to spare on either side of a JK factory hardtop, so if you misjudge things it's likely to get expensive.

Also - if you're on 35's or larger and don't mind using your skid plates a lot, Golden Spike deserves every bit of it's legendary status. You'll need a good group and be prepared for a long fay (it involves running Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim ,and Gemini Bridges) but it is more interesting and gnarly technical obstacles per mile of trail than anything else I've wheeled.

slanktapper:

--- Quote from: w squared on October 02, 2017, 09:55:58 AM ---It was great.
--- End quote ---

Where are the pics!?!?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version