Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Limestone Mountain - Family Ride - Sunday Aug 20th  (Read 2335 times)

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
Limestone Mountain - Family Ride - Sunday Aug 20th
« on: August 14, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »
Friends are coming in from out of town and the plan was to do McLean Creek but it's looking doubtful that the fire ban will be lifted before this weekend.

So that pretty much leaves Limestone Mountain. Easy trail, with an amazing view.  A nice relaxed day, some moderate trails but overall all well cut and traveled trails.  Stopping for lunch on top of the mountain.

Meet up at the Shell in Airdrie at 830 leaving by 9am.
- 169 East Lake Crescent NE, Airdrie, AB T4A 2H7

Head out from there and probably be back around 5pm.

Count: 7 jeeps in, 6 maybes
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 04:50:32 PM by slanktapper »
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline Robbie2013

• Stocker
Re: Limestone Mountain - Family Ride - Sunday Aug 20th
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 10:14:47 AM »
Hey, I would love to tag along.  I need to admit I am not a total NUBE but not a seasoned hard core off roader.  I also have a stock Rubicon. 

If you think I would not hold you up or slow you down, I would love the experience?

Thanks!

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 11:58:16 AM »
Robbie you'll be fine!  I'm in a stock Lift Rubicon too! Family rides tend to be geared towards passengers enjoyment.  More of "We'll take this trail cause we can stop at the end for photos/chill/a snack", and not like "Huh i wonder where this overgrown trail goes".  We'll still tackle some fun stuff but the trip is primarily to the summit of Limestone for the amazing views and the occasional interesting trail.

Full Size
Tall Rob

Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline Robbie2013

• Stocker
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:08:48 PM »
Robbie you'll be fine!  I'm in a stock Lift Rubicon too! Family rides tend to be geared towards passengers enjoyment.  More of "We'll take this trail cause we can stop at the end for photos/chill/a snack", and not like "Huh i wonder where this overgrown trail goes".  We'll still tackle some fun stuff but the trip is primarily to the summit of Limestone for the amazing views and the occasional interesting trail.

Full Size

Well then I am in,  I am excited to meet some new people and go for a day of wheeling. 

Thanks!

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 08:39:56 AM »
Awesome see you in Airdrie around 830! I posted this on the JeepJunkies site too figured it I might as well post it here...

That's 6 in with 3 still maybe's

For those looking to join us along the way:
We'll be leaving the Shell in Airdrie no later than 9am
Stopping for gas at the Shell in Sundre around 10am - 606 Main Ave E, Sundre, AB T0M 1X0
Airing down just after the gravel road starts (optional, not needed, but my TJ doesn't handle the gravel road washboard at all...) here: https://goo.gl/maps/or897Qbdk1K2
"Should" be at the trailhead around 1130am - Here: https://goo.gl/maps/rJyESEQomGA2

Then we'll head up to the first "summit" and then rotate 3-4 jeeps at a time to the second "summit" as this is pretty much all the room we have to turn around in
Tall Rob

Offline MegaJeep

• Stocker
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 07:18:10 AM »
I'm going to try to make it. Please put me down as a maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 08:16:26 AM »
For sure, 6 jeeps in and 7 maybes is the current count.  Size doesn't really limit here as we're going to need to rotate sets of 3 through on the last summit anyways

I'm going to try to make it. Please put me down as a maybe.

Tall Rob

Offline Mike@FCA

• Stocker
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 01:27:43 PM »
My boys...   Tyler 12,  Mason 10, and Sawyer 8 and I ...     would like to go if that's alright....   oh and if I can get them up early enough..  lol :P :P     driving a stock Rubicon
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:44:28 PM by Mike@FCA »

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 11:35:14 PM »
Yep see you tomorrow in Airdrie!
Tall Rob

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »
Great day thanks everyone that came!

A little slow due to me slicing a tire and having to change my tire on the top of the mountain...

Full size
https://i.imgur.com/Cnqthiy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/K63C89U.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/D0qMm8t.jpg
Tall Rob