Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Scan tool  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Rsayles

• Stocker
Scan tool
« on: August 16, 2017, 08:20:08 AM »
Anyone have a scan tool that can access the ABS system and erase codes??
2011 jk. Bout ready to drive it off a cliff....

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
Re: Scan tool
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:55:13 AM »
Not sure if this helps with the ABS system specifically but I always stop by Auto Value and have them scan/clear ODB2 stuff.  They do it for free.  Mostly because you're likely to order the part from them but it's not required.
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 03:53:34 AM »
My scan tool has the ABS button but I've never used it. Your welcome to fill your boots and give it a shot but im in Millet Alberta.... 30 min south of Edmonton. I'll be in Calgary mid October and can bring it then but not likely to be much sooner unfortunately... If your ever up this way and still want to try just fire me off a PM. Very happy to let you use it.
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 02:53:48 PM »
If you are having recurring and/or intermittent issues with the ABS/ESP, odds are that you have a tone ring/wheel speed sensor/wheels speed sensor cable that is working intermittently. I know....it's a PITA - but the up side is that if you figure out which of the wheels is causing the issue (front wheels are far more likely to be the culprit), a new unit bearing and 90 minutes of wrenching will fix it for you.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(