Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 4x4 friendly car washes in the NW  (Read 1492 times)

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
4x4 friendly car washes in the NW
« on: September 18, 2017, 09:45:41 AM »
The downside of moving back into town after living in Airdrie for close to 20 years is that I have to find new "go to" places for certain things.  Just wondering if there are any NW car washes that won't lose their minds when I roll in with the ZJ covered in 100lbs of McLean's finest muck.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
Re: 4x4 friendly car washes in the NW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »
Good luck. That's why I broke down and bought a gas powered pressure sprayer from Costco. 😂
If you find one that will take you it probably won't have enough pressure to actually get it clean for less than $15...

If you had a good place in Airdrie it can't really be that far to go back there from NW Calgary.
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 09:46:24 PM »
I have never been turned away from a self serve car wash. I do always spend an extra buck or two and wash the mud down the drain before I leave though.
I once cleaned the heep at the Riverbend Shell carwash after a wheeling trip and made sure I didn't leave a mess, the attendent watched me cleaning the heep then the bay and sent me on my way without charging me a cent👍
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 07:45:04 AM »
I went to the place in Hawkwood and it worked out well.  Paid probably $25 or so but that was around 25 mins of straight pressure washing.  I tried to wash a lot of the mud out of the stall... even pulled out and asked the attendant if he had a shovel or broom to clean up a bit more.  He just said that was his job and not to worry about it.  I totally recommend Susdy's U wash on Hawksbrow Drive.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline Kanueh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 12:25:27 PM »
Only place I've ever had an issue was in Cochran and they just wanted us to use a specific stall. I think as long as we all clean up after and wash it down the drain we will continue to be welcome. I have a gas pressure washer at home but can't wash all that mud down the street, wish I had a back alley.
2008 JKU Rubicon
3" BDS Lift / Kingone 9.5 Winch / 1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers / Custom Front Drive Shaft
EVO Sleeves, Outer axle seals, Gussets, Control Arm Skids / Poison Spyder EVAP Skid
Superchips FlashPaq / Spal Waterproof Radiator Fan / Univers

Offline WillJeep

• Stocker
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 06:24:25 PM »
Welcome to the NW at 10-15 dollars a wash in a carwash I bought a pressure washer  it took less than 2 years to pay for itself.
I use some screen panels rolled from a old gazebo to catch the mud on my driveway and can shovel up 2 -5 gallons of slop
05 TJ Rubicon