Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Can't get the rear track bar back aligned  (Read 827 times)

Offline slanktapper

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
  • Rob
Can't get the rear track bar back aligned
« on: September 20, 2017, 09:36:32 PM »
So my lift is just a 2" on my tj. The instructions didn't say to disconnect the track bar(?) but in order to get the coil out I needed to.

Anywho now I can't seem to line up the track bar with the hole it needs to go in.

I've let the passenger side down as low as I can (disconnected the shock and sway bar was already off) and jacked up the other side and it's still not enough.

Jacked up: https://i.imgur.com/O84p3cs.jpg

Level: https://i.imgur.com/RMnpz0L.jpg

Any ideas
Tall Rob

Silver 06 Rubicon, 35" Super Swamper LTBs, ProComp Crawler Front Bumper, XRC 9500lbs winch, Some Ugly Tire Carrier, Front sway bar disconnects, 4" Suspension X-Series lift, 1.5" Canadian Body Lift

Offline Kanueh

• Budget Lift
Re: Can't get the rear track bar back aligned
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:00:55 PM »
Try a big ratchet strap to the frame and axle to suck it into place.
2008 JKU Rubicon
3" BDS Lift / Kingone 9.5 Winch / 1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers / Custom Front Drive Shaft
EVO Sleeves, Outer axle seals, Gussets, Control Arm Skids / Poison Spyder EVAP Skid
Superchips FlashPaq / Spal Waterproof Radiator Fan / Univers

Offline slanktapper

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
  • Rob
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:22:20 AM »

Ah that would be way easier than that come-along I couldn't figure out how to attach.

I'll try this first thanks!
Tall Rob

Silver 06 Rubicon, 35" Super Swamper LTBs, ProComp Crawler Front Bumper, XRC 9500lbs winch, Some Ugly Tire Carrier, Front sway bar disconnects, 4" Suspension X-Series lift, 1.5" Canadian Body Lift

Offline slanktapper

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
  • Rob
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 09:27:30 PM »

Yep that did it. Took two straps but I was able to MacGyver it in the correct way. And the wheels appear to be properly spaced too.

Thanks
Tall Rob

Offline Kanueh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:44:48 PM »
For future jobs where you have to take the track bar off, I always put a tie strap on tight before I take it apart.
2008 JKU Rubicon
3" BDS Lift / Kingone 9.5 Winch / 1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers / Custom Front Drive Shaft
EVO Sleeves, Outer axle seals, Gussets, Control Arm Skids / Poison Spyder EVAP Skid
Superchips FlashPaq / Spal Waterproof Radiator Fan / Univers

Offline slanktapper

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
  • Rob
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »
For future jobs where you have to take the track bar off, I always put a tie strap on tight before I take it apart.

Good call.  thanks again!
Tall Rob

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »
To realign mine I just steer the jeep a tiny bit, the body will move and axle will stay. Works like a charm..especially if you have a helper to push the bolt through at the money spot.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it