Trading Post > Jeep Stuff Wanted

5 on 5 wheel spacer

(1/1)

w squared:
I'm looking for a single 5 on 5 1.5" thick wheel spacer. It can be pretty beat up if that's what you've got - It's just going to go onto my spare carrier.

Pookapotamus:
I can turn you some spacers on the lathe Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w squared:
Hey Dana!

I wouldn't ask you to turn anything....because the truth is that this "spacer" is never actually going to rotate.

What I really want is a 1.5" plate that has three holes for the studs on the stock tire carrier, and another three holes with studs pressed into them, to allow me to move my spare 1.5" further away from the tailgate than it currently is. That will get it off of my VHF and CB antennas, and make it a lot less irritating for me to put my spare onto the carrier. Even my very meager fab skills would be enough to make this item....if I had a press, a drill press, some 1/2" plate, a plasma cutter, and a welder.

Or I could just wait until someone has a beat-up old Spidertrax 5 on 5 spacer that they're willing to sell me for $25 and use that.

Pookapotamus:
Or I can "turn" or machine you 3 small spacers, then you replace the 3 bolts that are there to hold your spare with longer bolts and you are done. Or a plate like you said, I have the aluminum in the shop, it's a freebie!

But yes the easiest is an old wheel spacer.

Pookapotamus:

This kinda thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version