Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 2 inch lift for my Cherokee  (Read 362 times)

Offline RonsCRD

• Stocker
2 inch lift for my Cherokee
« on: November 08, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »
Hello all

Was wanting some help finding a decent 2" lift for my 08 cherokee. I called a local shop and they were talking 5500.00 bucks!!! No!
He said i needed new springs, shcoks blah blah blah.
I want a basic small non radical lift to run a slightly bigger tire and have slightly more clearance. I have to daily drive this thing and want to maintain a nice drive but a little more trail driving capability. Any advice on a good lift and a shop that can install for a reasonable amount. 5500.00 is way out of the question.

Thank in advance

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: 2 inch lift for my Cherokee
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
Looks like Daystar and rough country have 2" lift spacer kits. Parts are affordable but the labor to install is more time consuming.
Broken Axle
We deal in Jeep parts and performance
General repairs, maintenance and diagnostics on all vehicles
403-237-7706
www.brokenaxle.ca
New Address
Bay 10, 3925 56th ave SE calgary
Like us on the Facebook

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 06:40:36 AM »
Broken axle, that’s the shop that hps4evr works for, they can install a good 2” lift for far cheaper than that quote, or the top of the line 8” Clayton 3 link front with 4 link coil conversion for probably still less than that quote!

I’m curious what shop quoted such a ridiculous price? And did they at least try to grab your tits while trying to frack you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 03:35:08 PM »
2" OME (old man Emu) is a decent one you might as well factor in a lift with new struts as the ones on an 08 are probably on their way out anyways. and a set of JK takeoffs fit nicely too.  good looking stance on those WKs.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/76090_60X_PG.htm

i would opt for the heavy system.  Dave and Eric at Brokenaxle should be able to hook you up.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build