General Forums > Chit-Chat

Hello from the New Guy

(1/1)

Sixty4X4:
My name is Barry. My last real 4x4 was a 49 CJ2A with a 2965 4 cyl 153CI Nova motor. Had 5.38 Dana's (conversion) posi both ends. I have met some of you going wheeling with my son in his 2016 JK. I have a 2008 JKU Rubicon 6 speed and am starting to gather parts and adapters for a 4BT conversion as I have owned 4 6BT trucks previously.I was one of the founding members of the North Vancouver based Lionsgaters 4x4 Club back in 1976. Club is still active and a couple of original members are still there. I am trying to organize a trip for 2018 from Eagle Lake (near Tatla on Bella Coola Hiway) to Pemberton. Goes over the Chilcotin Mountains and would take about 9 days from Calgary to Calgary. More later. Look forward to some outings once I know my Jeep is reliable.

Barry

Immortal:
Jeep. Reliable. HA!! That's iffy in stock form.  ;) ;D

Sixty4X4:
Immortal I hear ya. But perhaps your statement should have read "capable in stock form"  Reliability is inversely proportional to how hard one wants to pound the vehicle.

morerpmfred:
Sounds like a very interesting trip.

Sixty4X4:
Yes Fred it will be a great trip and once I have all the details sorted I will extend an invite to forum members. Wife and I did this trip circa 1979/80 in a new lifted Chev short box 4x4 PU. 22 trucks. Have to ensure the route is still available and figure where to go (thank you 2017 Google et al). A great friend owns Eagle Lake Resort so we would head there and stay for a night then out we go next day. I am thinking I will have a sat phone for this one. Won't be a hugely technical trip just a nice adventure. More later.

Barry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version