Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: First build! WJ Project Zombie Proof  (Read 2621 times)

Offline warsteel

• Stocker
  • Just go with it...Trust me
First build! WJ Project Zombie Proof
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:33:19 PM »
Hi,

I've been popping in and out creepy the forums for a long time and thought I'd post a little about my build.

This is the first build I've done and it's not perfect or finished but I'm slowly adding to it as funds allow  ::)

This is what she looked like when I bought it. Day before I took it home.

https://imgur.com/gallery/A52DI

I've put most of my pics on Imgur and linked it. This is my first post so feedback if I messed anything up would be appreciated.

From here I need to add the tow hooks to the front (already have em) and get a Dring for the receiver before I go wheeling...

I have only been out a couple times in a friends Jeep so I'm hoping that I can take it easy and not break anything my first time actually driving offroad haha

Hope you like it and if I cut you off driving, I'm sorry, I was running late or something hahaha
If I cut you off it's because I had to poop

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: First build! WJ Project Zombie Proof
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »
Good platform. Should be a fun toy!
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 11:13:53 AM »
A few questions if you could help me.

What bedliner did you use?
was it spray on or roll?
did you do it in your garage?
How does it hold up to impacts?

Thanks!
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline warsteel

• Stocker
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:22:52 PM »
I used Monstaliner. It's roll on or spray and I did it both ways.

So far I've had no issues. It came out rock hard and I've had it on since September and it's got no chips or even evidence of rock chips and I'm on deerfoot everyday for an hour (about).

The only downside to Monstaliner is it's hard to get...so if I do need to repair something, it's not going to be quickly.

Also found an NP242HD at the Barlow PNP! Along with a rear molded cargo mat! I'll be putting in the TC after Christmas =)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:26:03 PM by warsteel »

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:49:09 PM »
Sweet thanks/ I saw your rig in the save on foods in airdrie last week.  Looked good. 

How'd you get it tinted? Purchased or after the fact?
Tall Rob

Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline warsteel

• Stocker
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
Haha yup that'd be mine. Thanks. I got mine like that. It was white before with black rims and the tint...actually going to remove the front tint because it's really hard to see at night and well I got a ticket  :-\

Followed me for a while and I guess I missed signalling once out of the ten times they saw and pulled me over for that so they could ticket me for the windows  ::)

I have been designing a 3D printable set of badges for my jeep. These are my first CAD projects. YouTube is a great teacher haha. Should have the printer in the next week or so.

I also am going to attempt to print a roof rack basically using a modified T-slot design so I can print it in pieces. I don't know if it will be strong enough but I'll let you know over the next month

https://imgur.com/a/A52DI
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:51:56 AM by warsteel »

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 01:41:36 PM »
Can wait to see it on the Trails! 
Tall Rob

Offline Josh54

• Stocker
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »
I used Monstaliner. It's roll on or spray and I did it both ways.

So far I've had no issues. It came out rock hard and I've had it on since September and it's got no chips or even evidence of rock chips and I'm on deerfoot everyday for an hour (about).

The only downside to Monstaliner is it's hard to get...so if I do need to repair something, it's not going to be quickly.

Also found an NP242HD at the Barlow PNP! Along with a rear molded cargo mat! I'll be putting in the TC after Christmas =)

We're looking to use Monstaliner as well. We will start working on the WJ right after we finished installing the new rack and tonneau cover plus a couple of led light bar we ordered from 4WheelOnline for the truck. Guess we need to start looking for Monstaliner asap.