Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New Years Eve - Cabin Creek Run  (Read 1532 times)

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
New Years Eve - Cabin Creek Run
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:37:38 AM »
Basically:

Meet up at the Cochrane Husky at 7pm.  https://goo.gl/maps/p3n2xZfQjfs 58 W Aarsby Rd, Cochrane, AB T4C 1M1

We'll do Cabin Creek trail then head somewhere for a fire out of the wind somewhere.

Weather is looking to be about between -20 and -17 so dress and pack appropriately.  (Also why we're going to do a trail run instead of sitting around a fire for the entire evening)

Requirements:
Warm Clothes (Seriously bring extra extra-warm clothes)
Food (For yourselves but make sure you have enough in case of emergency)
Drinks (Absolutely no driving intoxicated though)
Airing down to 15psi (or tire chains)

Nice to haves:
Firewood

This was originally BlackBears NYE even but he went in for surgery and is not able to make.  There was still interest so I figure we'll do a trail run instead of just chilling around a camp fire.  (-20 to -18 expected out there)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:42:31 PM by slanktapper »
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: New Years Eve - Cabin Creek Run
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »
If this is a run that is posted on a CJA board, then the requirements go beyond "no driving drunk". For very good reasons, our way of doing things is "no booze on the trail". Not in the jeep, at the fire, or at the trailhead, please. I'd suggest that adult beverages can be had once everyone is safely back at their home.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »
If this is a run that is posted on a CJA board, then the requirements go beyond "no driving drunk". For very good reasons, our way of doing things is "no booze on the trail". Not in the jeep, at the fire, or at the trailhead, please. I'd suggest that adult beverages can be had once everyone is safely back at their home.

Thanks for the clarification/reminder! 🤙🤙
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 03:42:13 PM »
Yeah clarified that point
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.