4x4 Related Groups > Tech Talk

Winch recommendations...?

(1/5) > >>

MattMan:
Okay, after those 3 long line pulls on our last run, my $500 winch has suffered catastrophic failure.  I KNOW... I'm shocked too ;)

* bent spool
* broken case mount
* now starts to smoke from the gearbox just trying to spool out the cable
* not to mentioned the fubar'd cable...Obviously now looking for some opinions on what to look at for the best winch for the best buy? ;)
* some only list motor HP rating
* some only list motor amperage draw under full load
* whats the HP/Amperage conversion?
* what's a good gear ratio to consider?
* do you need to consider all 3 specs?

Vinman:
I would take a new or used Warn 9,000 - 9,500 lb over a lot of the other brands.

hps4evr:
You can never go wrong with a Warn winch. You may have noticed that the guys that had no problems winching used Warn winches.
Yes they cost more. But in 20 Years you will still be using the same winch. I bought my first XD9000 11 years ago. And I bought another one for my other jeep used from an old guy gat had it for about 10 years and it works perfectly fine for me.
For your jeep an 8000-9500 would be fine. Anything over that is overkill.

Animal:
I run a Zeon I have had other brands and other warn but I'm most happy with this one. But I would always recommend a warn over the other brands

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

w squared:
I bought my 9.5ti used, and ran it through some hard wheeling. After all that time....it needs a couple solenoids. I took it off because I want to rebuild it so that I can run it for another decade.

I'd buy a good 9000 or 9500 pound Warn, slap a synthetic line on it with a safety thimble or hook, and call 'er good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version