The Calgary Jeep Association is pleased to announce our annual Off-Road 101 Course.
This is a one day, family friendly course that is open to anyone that will introduce participants to the basic skills that are necessary during an Off-Road adventure, as well as safe and environmentally friendly practices while on the trail.
Rough outline of the day:
The course will take place at the Mclean Creek off highway land use area. We will be meeting at the Mclean Creek store from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. At 9am we'll start with introduction to off roading instruction, along with various beginner obstacles to get you acquainted with your jeeps capabilities. Around noon we'll have a short lunch break (you’re responsible to bring your own lunch as well as addition food and drinks the rest of the day). Then we'll head out for a trail ride with CJA members providing instruction and support throughout the day. Please note that this is an offroading activity and there is always the possibility that damage and scratches can occur to any vehicle. The trail guides will do their best to prevent / minimize any potential damage to the vehicles, but the potential is always there.
The number of registrants will be limited to 20
Date: June 16, 2018
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Please send a PM to: specialk
Entry fee: Donation to the Calgary Jeep Association Trail Fund.
**The trail fund is used to build and maintain the local OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) trail system in order to insure that future generations can enjoy it. **
Vehicle Requirements to attend
• Must be a Jeep Product that has off road capabilities
• Must have up to date Registration, Insurance and License plates
• Must have front and rear tow points properly secured to the vehicle
• Must be mechanically sound. (no oil leaks, etc)
• A proper seat belt for each passenger and driver
• Must have good quality tires (no worn out and bald tires please)
• Optional FRS radios
** Please note that an inspection will be completed to all vehicles to verify the minimum vehicle requirements are met. Vehicles that do not meet the minimum may be asked not to participant. This is for the safety of everyone and is not negotiable **
Driver and Participants
• The owner of the vehicle must be present
• The driver must have a valid driver's license
• All non CJA members must sign a liability waver
• Must bring enough food and drinks for all participants in the Jeep. Extra food and water is always a good idea
• Clothing appropriate for the weather conditions
• No pets please
Drugs and alcohol is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. You will be asked to leave immediately and possibly the police will be contacted.
This will take place rain or shine or snow, so please dress appropriately (footwear, etc). If you have any additional questions, please post up here and we can answer them.