Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Upgrade to Rubicon  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Garry B

• Stocker
Upgrade to Rubicon
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, please let me know. My friend is working north of the Arctic Circle and has asked me to sell his 2014 Rubicon for him. I have it on Kijiji but there has been little interest yet. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1339314750

Is anyone interested in upgrading to this custom Unlimited? Is it overpriced or the wrong time of year?

Thanks
Garry

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
Re: Upgrade to Rubicon
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 08:11:40 AM »
Hard to tell about the price, seems in the ballpark.

I'd remove the word custom. Sell it as a regular ol' Unlimited Rubicon. Unless I'm missing anything beyond some trim paint and 2 lights it's basically stock...
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:27:34 PM »
Check out VMR Canadian Used Car pricing site. I’ve always found it gives a pretty fair evaluation.
Seems like you’re asking top dollar... my opinion if you’re looking to move it, firm up your price about $4000-5000 lower.
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline Garry B

• Stocker
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 03:41:31 PM »
Thanks, others have been saying that the market for these has softened a bit. And demand will pick up in late summer/fall. Yeah, the custom part I was waffling on. A bit of trim paint, lights and it does have a custom shaped hood from what I know of the Rubicon model. I think I'll be adjusting the price, just have to get hold of the owner.
Garry