Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: moab  (Read 1517 times)

Offline xjglasses

• Winch Wench
moab
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:47:29 PM »
three jeeps one being my old yj made it down to easter jeep safari late march,  it was such a great time - that place is amazing,  along the trails the sites included dinosaur tracks in solid rock, ancient drawings, extinct ancient anazari native indian rock huts (they were short people only 3 maybe 4 ft tall), dinosaur bones, ancient rock carvings, abandoned uranium mines, and so on ...

think its against site policy to post video links here but i did do a compilation of trip and posted to youtube - if interested search for: EJS 2018 8 Trails 8 Days

edit: see some local trail youtubes so thinking as long as footage shot on designated trails with no red neck crazy stuff its ok :  https://youtu.be/2G8fjQ8E0UE

i stuck to mid rated trail runs in Moab as last august did rubicon trail in same YJ on 33's and sustained bit of damage ( like motor mounts ) which i fixed up - and some improvements like hood vents while Eric over at BrokenAxle replaced cracked rear springs (thank you).

next EJS will come fast so anyone with it on their bucket list should try and take it in   ;)

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:36:12 PM by xjglasses »
97 xj sport - stock
89 yj base  - 33's, arb

*coming to you live from inside a 4L

Offline jodahall

• Stocker
  • 14 JKU Rubicon, 3.5" lift with 35" tires
Re: moab
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:10:43 AM »
Great video, I especially like the footage of the black rubi with the light bar on it  ;D

Offline Graveltravels

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:37:27 AM »
That’s an awesome video. I really do need to get down there and see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MOABICON

• Budget Lift
  • MOABICON
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 07:50:58 AM »
What was the name of the trail that you did in the video? Thks
03 TJ, 4" lift, 33's, Eaton eLockers- Front & Rear, winch, CB

Offline xjglasses

• Winch Wench
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 12:58:40 PM »
Great video, I especially like the footage of the black rubi with the light bar on it  ;D

I can see the attraction :)

for Moabicon,
video is compilation "best of" 8 different trails rated 4 to 5 done that week, elephant hill in 2nd half is personal favorite, min jeep requirements for what's in footage is 33's + rear locker,  when I return plan is do some 5's and 6's which is upper limit for my yj's capabilities,  moab has something to challenge just about any build - their red rock 4x club has 40+ trails with ratings listed on their website - if not fussy about crowds trails are open all year too
97 xj sport - stock
89 yj base  - 33's, arb

*coming to you live from inside a 4L