4x4 Related Groups > Tech Talk

Need a DANA 300 transfer case

(1/1)

[email protected]:
I've had my 51 Willys truck since 1980.  Recently I decided to do a repower since I had a VW TDI motor available.  And the people at TDIJeep.com in Vancouver had done it and were willing to help.  I'm making good progress on the switch.  There are pictures at:  https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtV03aEpd79qh_ZQ1C9SCTmCmYhrew

I've run into a bit of a snag.  The front differential on the Willys is offset to the passenger side.  I have a 3550 transmission, bell housing, clutch and transfer case from an 05 Jeep.  I have them all connected to the motor (got an adaptor from the people in Vancouver).  When I connected the transfer case, I looked at where it is going to go and realized the output on the new transfer case is on the wrong side!!

A DANA 300 from the 1985ish CJ's has the output on the passenger side.  NOVAK makes an adaptor.

Two things:  first, does anyone need a transfer case - you can see pictures of it above.  It's in great shape.  I have all the linkages as well.

Second, does anyone have a DANA 300 transfer case they would like to sell to a good home??

Bob Hamilton in NW Calgary

morerpmfred:
Nice project. Pretty sure some dodge 241 full size truck ,have passenger drop and bolts up. Spline count etc all same. Another option.

hps4evr:

--- Quote from: morerpmfred on July 03, 2018, 03:31:21 PM ---Nice project. Pretty sure some dodge 241 full size truck ,have passenger drop and bolts up. Spline count etc all same. Another option.

--- End quote ---
Some 241’s in Chevys were passenger side drop too.

renegade350:
A GM NP203 or NP203+205 stacked might be a good alternative that you should be able to get for almost free and is passenger side drop. The adapter is questionable though. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version