Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Need a DANA 300 transfer case  (Read 971 times)

Offline [email protected]

• Stocker
Need a DANA 300 transfer case
« on: July 03, 2018, 01:33:18 PM »
I've had my 51 Willys truck since 1980.  Recently I decided to do a repower since I had a VW TDI motor available.  And the people at TDIJeep.com in Vancouver had done it and were willing to help.  I'm making good progress on the switch.  There are pictures at:  https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtV03aEpd79qh_ZQ1C9SCTmCmYhrew

I've run into a bit of a snag.  The front differential on the Willys is offset to the passenger side.  I have a 3550 transmission, bell housing, clutch and transfer case from an 05 Jeep.  I have them all connected to the motor (got an adaptor from the people in Vancouver).  When I connected the transfer case, I looked at where it is going to go and realized the output on the new transfer case is on the wrong side!!

A DANA 300 from the 1985ish CJ's has the output on the passenger side.  NOVAK makes an adaptor.

Two things:  first, does anyone need a transfer case - you can see pictures of it above.  It's in great shape.  I have all the linkages as well.

Second, does anyone have a DANA 300 transfer case they would like to sell to a good home??

Bob Hamilton in NW Calgary

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Need a DANA 300 transfer case
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 03:31:21 PM »
Nice project. Pretty sure some dodge 241 full size truck ,have passenger drop and bolts up. Spline count etc all same. Another option.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 06:59:13 PM »
Nice project. Pretty sure some dodge 241 full size truck ,have passenger drop and bolts up. Spline count etc all same. Another option.
Some 241’s in Chevys were passenger side drop too.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline renegade350

• CJA Executive
  • Baby Wheeler
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 11:31:22 AM »
A GM NP203 or NP203+205 stacked might be a good alternative that you should be able to get for almost free and is passenger side drop. The adapter is questionable though.