4x4 Related Groups > General Talk

What to do, sell the ZJ or not

(1/2) > >>

cLAY:
Well I havn't posted on here in along time but I figured you guys would be the best sounding board.   ::)

I have a 1998 ZJ with the rare 5.9L package that I've been using as a 2nd vehicle. My long term goal was to build it into a expedition wheeler(33s, locked axles). To that end I have a pair of rubi axles, half of a Clayton's LA lift kit with 4.5" springs, custom built F/R bumpers and winch. I would need a set of tires and about $2k in parts to complete it.

Problem is with the trail closures and the family now being into dirt bikes and side by sides I don't have any incentive to build it and with gas prices the way they are it really needs to be replaced with something way more fuel efficient.

So I'm trying to decide if I should just sell  everything or maybe just sell the lift stuff and store the Jeep for now. I've had a few vehicles in past that I sold and really regret it now. The 5 niner could be a cool resto project one day.......

w squared:
Sell it to Robin. He can't say no to a vehicle that he will lose money on.

fug:
I have 2 Niners... and yes they are rare... and I like mine... but I can tell you that they are probably never going to be worth much.  I've tried to sell my Slate Grey daily driver (great shape, mostly stock with a BB and 31's) a couple of times now and haven't been able to get what i consider a decent offer for it.   

I've sunk so much money into the white one I wheel... if I ever do get rid of it... I'd have to part it out.  No way is someone giving me the 5K plus I'd want for it. 

fug:
Damn you Todd ... you are right

--- Quote from: w squared on September 28, 2018, 10:58:50 AM ---Sell it to Robin. He can't say no to a vehicle that he will lose money on.

--- End quote ---

w squared:

--- Quote from: fug on September 28, 2018, 11:04:35 AM ---Damn you Todd ... you are right

--- End quote ---

Like a busted clock. Twice a day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version