Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Jumping on to the R2.8 Conversion  (Read 1135 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Jumping on to the R2.8 Conversion
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 09:49:32 PM »
Is the JK radiator able to cool the bigger engine or is that getting upgraded too?
Broken Axle
We deal in Jeep parts and performance
General repairs, maintenance and diagnostics on all vehicles
403-237-7706
www.brokenaxle.ca
New Address
Bay 10, 3925 56th ave SE calgary
Like us on the Facebook

Offline Sixty4X4

• Winch Wench
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 07:39:00 PM »
update: Engine is in. Was very simple with the Motech mounts adapting the Chev motor to the existing Jeep mounts. Previous versions of engines have required one to remove the existing front mounts and weed in new ones supplied by Motech. Now one gets the hydraulic mounts and brackets and it all just bolts in.
Trying to get the input shaft retaining circlip undone out of the Jeep transfer case but turns out I need a special set of pliers. Anyone know of a place to go or is there a friendly Mopar dealer that will take the 2 minutes and undo it for me. Once this is done I can set the rear mount, align the engine and tighten it all down. Then the small stuff begins such as AC, PS, Brakes, Chev ECU/TCU, Jeep original but now modified harness, Console conversion to auto, fuel lines, radiator, SS Camaro fan, Miscellaneous other stuff, driveshafts. In the picture you can see that the engine fits nice and one can get at the spark plugs quite easy.
[img]engine for jeepJPG/img]
2008 JKU Ruby, Jeep steel bumper, 9500 winch, 3.8L, 6spd, stocker

Offline Sixty4X4

• Winch Wench
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 07:42:49 PM »
How does one post a picture? This site format has given me grief with other forums as well. I have no trouble with others. I run an Apple Mac but that should not be different.
2008 JKU Ruby, Jeep steel bumper, 9500 winch, 3.8L, 6spd, stocker

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • UberWheeler
  • Some days you’re the pigeon & others the statue
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2019, 09:57:31 PM »
Try logging into the site via Tapatalk. Should be easier to upload a photo...
MattMan

'12 JK Sport, 5spd auto, P285/70r17 Duratracs on 17x9 Trailmaster steelies, 3" coil-lifted, "DV8" bumpers, Smittybuilt rock rails, K&N w/Magna-flow exh, TrailDash 2’ner, CB, no lockers, Warn VR10, carbon fibre cowl hood, MOAB rating: “billygoat”