Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New jeep  (Read 922 times)

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
New jeep
« on: April 01, 2019, 08:46:37 AM »
New model of jeep coming out.

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
Re: New jeep
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:00:14 PM »
Its a good thing its April Fools...  :o
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »
This one will
Be made in Canada which is nice. Same assembly line as the 300 and chargers. Last Canadian made jeep was 93 yj. This is really good news.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 08:09:10 AM »
Ya know....if that was built on the 300 chassis, they had options for the 6.4 NA Hemi (or the 6.2 with the blower!), it was all wheel drive, and they offered it with a manual transmission, I'd get one. The post-2015 Challengers and Chargers have a lot going for them....and the combo of AWD with the gobs of torque from that big engine would be a LOT of fun.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 08:23:35 AM »
Ya know....if that was built on the 300 chassis, they had options for the 6.4 NA Hemi (or the 6.2 with the blower!), it was all wheel drive, and they offered it with a manual transmission, I'd get one. The post-2015 Challengers and Chargers have a lot going for them....and the combo of AWD with the gobs of torque from that big engine would be a LOT of fun.
Correct me if I’m wrong but the new awd’s only come with the 3.6. That may have been the challenger.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 08:47:59 AM »
Oh I'm pretty fracking sure you're right.  That AWD/big V8/manual transmission combination is pure wishful thinking on my part....when I was looking I found out that in 2015 you couldn't even get the Charger SRT with anything other than a slushbox.

I had a Challenger with the 6.4 when I was living in Texas, and it was an OBSCENE amount of fun....but it didn't even have enough rubber to handle that torque in a place that sees snow once in a decade. Now that I'm back in Canada, I'm just enjoying the idea of a musclecar that actually provides the traction to make it practical to apply the power to the road.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(