Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Scrapped  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Scrapped
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 02:43:29 AM »
Yes. We knew this 2 months before the election. Now its confirmed.
Today was the release of this years maps of trails in the livingstone we can access. We have gone from 9 kilometers of trails to now 15 kilometers of trails.
Ucp has said they will examine the castle, porkies and the livingstone as part of there election platform.
No returned phone calls from aep staff. Evan since the election. So we will be reminding the new provincial government to reexamine this so we get our trails back.
Also the ucp election platform on there environment package there 2 things that effect us.
Heritage trail act. Do not know much about this but understand you nominate a trail. And they can never close it down.
User fee. Monies generated will go direct into a trail fund  for trail stuff and enforcement. $30 annually.

Offline Sixty4X4

• CJA Members
  • Baby Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 04:10:06 PM »
I am all in favour of user fees. Will sort out the idiots from the good guys.
2008 JKU Ruby, Jeep steel bumper, 9500 winch, 2016 5.3 Chev LT & 8L90 8 spd auto, 285 Maxxis Bighorns, MC 2.5" and LC Arms.

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »
No it won't. It will just make fees go up...i don't see why I should ever pay for anything that should be free or was paid for already. The trails were made and paid for when oil and gas exploration was going on in the 50s and 60s. Trails should not need "maintenance". Let them just be trails. Either passable or not. All this environment protection is bullshit anyway. Nobody gives a rats arse about the environment. Just the money that can be extorted in the name of its protection. Makes me sick.
Keep on Jeepin'

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 03:35:58 PM »
No it won't. It will just make fees go up...i don't see why I should ever pay for anything that should be free or was paid for already. The trails were made and paid for when oil and gas exploration was going on in the 50s and 60s. Trails should not need "maintenance". Let them just be trails. Either passable or not. All this environment protection is bullshit anyway. Nobody gives a rats arse about the environment. Just the money that can be extorted in the name of its protection. Makes me sick.
Agree 100%, any user “fee” is nothing more than another tax grab
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 05:08:52 PM »
I’m more 50%... I’m for a fee provided it’s used for monitoring/maintenance and enforcement resources.
Monitoring and enforcement should mitigate the maintenance...
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s