Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stocker Run and Trail Clean Up / Sat. Aug. 19th  (Read 32736 times)

Abrasive

Stocker Run and Trail Clean Up / Sat. Aug. 19th
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 08:35:03 AM »
I'm going to go ahead and call a no-show on this one.

As I'm not a religious man, it's against my nature to believe in miracles.

And believe me, it would take a miracle for me to get my complete steering system, fuel tank, front suspension, tow points and CB done by the 19th.  :wink:

Hopefully I'll see you guys around though. I'd still like to make it down and go for another trip with Ian, Dom, Gregg and the boys before they take ALL the wheeling away.

Take care,
Kris

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: It is still a go
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2006, 12:45:11 PM »
Quote from: "01sahara
As far as the trail clean up part of the run we will be disassembling an old utility trailer, haling the parts out and cleaning up the site.  Some of the things that will help with this project: work gloves, safety glasses, hack saw, hammers, pry bars, shovels, and garbage bags. It is important that anything you carry in your jeep should be secured down so it can’t hit you or your passengers on the rough parts of the trail or if you rolled the vehicle.  I am sure I will think of more things in the next two weeks. I am going out to look at the site this weekend and will have a better idea after that.

Blair,
Can you get pictures of the trailer, it will give people a better idea of what they're up against. If I do make this run, I'll bring the cordless sawzall along.

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2006, 01:43:35 PM »
Blair, Bob, and I did a run out there last weekend. The trailer is nothing more than a frame now. Just a bunch of rusted out angle iron is all that is left. Sawzalls will make it a very easy project.

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
clean up
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 10:07:41 PM »
Hi

Sorry I have been off the forum. I have been away to the APEX Jeep Jamboree, what  blast. But that’s for another post.

The trailer clean up will be easy. We went and checked the site a week ago. Someone has removed the wooden body of the trailer, most likely for firewood. The axels are gone. All we need to do is make a couple of cuts in the frame of the trailer so we can fit it in the vehicles on the run and then we can hall it out. We have permission from the M.D. of Bighorn to drop it at the land fill site on Hwy 40 on our way out. The ease of the clean up will free up some time and we hopefully can show the new people Margaret Lake. If we have a few sawsalls then it will be quick work. As a long weekend has just passed it is hard to say what other garbage we may find along the way. I think it is in everyone’s best interest that we make an effort to show we care about the way the trail looks even if we have to stop and clean up the mess left by less responsible users.

If you can let me know who might have a sawsall that would be great. I will bring a couple of hacksaws as a back up. If we have a larger vehicle on the run we may not have to cut much.
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline Rubicon Josh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2006, 11:51:20 PM »
I'm kinda committed to another activity that day, but if things fall through or I change my mind then I'll be there. If I come then I'll probably bring a portable generator and my sawsall, and a side grinder.

Josh
First completed AEV Rubicon in Alberta and only the fourth in Canada!

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 12:10:38 PM »
Might come out for the day, gotta work on the CB issue in the new TJ.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »
What's the call on bringing young`uns?  Got a 7 and 8 year old brother and sister who'd like to go wheeling for a day to see what it's like.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

merlin

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2006, 06:35:50 PM »
i can bing a sawsall and inverter

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »
Quote from: "dunl"
What's the call on bringing young`uns?  Got a 7 and 8 year old brother and sister who'd like to go wheeling for a day to see what it's like.

No problem at all, CJA runs are always family orientated. We often have future jeepers with us  :)
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2006, 06:49:09 PM »
this would be a perfect run for the young'ins.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2006, 09:12:23 PM »
I would really like to see the way to Margret lake.  When I was a young'n we used to go fishing up there.  It was amazin, and the fish oh so good.  Is the fishing up there good still??
I am so looking forward to this run!!!!!!!!

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2006, 09:31:49 PM »
A guy in at work was out within the last couple of weeks and said there's also a trashed camper trailer by Danny's Hill, anybody know anything about it?

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2006, 09:46:53 PM »
there was a trashed camper on the entrance to lost knife. the thing is stripped and supported by 2x4.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2006, 10:43:09 PM »
Quote from: "TJ54"
Quote from: "dunl"

No problem at all, CJA runs are always family orientated. We often have future jeepers with us  :)

That sounds good.  My seven year old girl can tell the difference between TJ's,YJ', and CJ's, and is pretty gung ho for a wheeling trip.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 07:10:41 AM »
Quote from: "apex"
there was a trashed camper on the entrance to lost knife. the thing is stripped and supported by 2x4.

Yeah, I talked to the guy again and that's the one he was refering to.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)