Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stocker Run and Trail Clean Up / Sat. Aug. 19th  (Read 32686 times)

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
Stocker Run and Trail Clean Up / Sat. Aug. 19th
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2006, 10:52:53 PM »
Okay, I think I'm coming.  I really do.  Not sure, but I think I am.

Anyway, not an act of god, but rather an act of stupidity, as I realized that the pretty much stock ZJ I'm trying to sell has front tow hooks on it.  Not the YJ, but it will do.

Calibrated my CB, seemed to be fine.  Only problem is I have the same think as Buki....I can't hear anything on it.

How do I know it is working?
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

m0th

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2006, 10:59:06 PM »
Do what I did. Go down Barlow around the truck stop. There's a fair bit of CB chatter there. :)

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2006, 11:01:12 PM »
Bit of a run from Sylvan right now.....
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

m0th

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2006, 11:05:04 PM »
True. :)

Just hit the highway and follow a semi then.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2006, 02:26:32 AM »
If anyone reads this before you leave tomoorow.  Please bring some extra bolts to front YJ tow hooks.  I have 2 good tow hooks but only one bolt.  I should have checked before I started wrenching, its really late 2:15 am.  I think Im over tired.  Im going to come out, Ill probably get sent back home.  BUT at least I tried.  I really REALLY tried!!  Even had CABLESMURF drill me a tow hook for the rear and bought a new CB.
Cable smurf kicks arse.  you all have been so super nice, I really appreciate all of everyones help.  Ihope to see you all tomorrow.  BUT its bed time.  Wait, who am I kidding I have to be up in 2.5 hours to leave, might as well stay up!!
Mike

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2006, 06:23:03 AM »
Quote from: "TOYZ"
Truck stop at Barlow and 50th Ave se sells CB'S. I found the Esso to have a good selection

Thanks man!  I was on the prowl at 4am and found them on the net, location map and all.  It looked perfect.  I fired off a CB inquiry but the email was returned as no such address.  I called and got cut off.  I called again and after being on hold forever, nobody could be found to deal with CB stock issues.  Obviously I wasn't going to drive from Red Neck Deer to SE Calgary at 4am with no absolute certainty of proceeded on to Cochrane for breakfast properly equipped.  Looks like it wasn't meant to be for this weekend.   :cry:   I'll get this CB radio business sorted out and be set for next time.  It's the last missing component to full compliance for a run suitable for stockers.

Still have an itch for the road and the outdoors though.  Might truck on down to Drumheller and park myself on the back patio in the sun at the Rosedeer Hotel/Last Chance Saloon in Wayne if anyone's interested.  Silver '05 TJ in black soft top mode.
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight