Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: July Long  (Read 14241 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
July Long
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2005, 10:56:18 AM »
Quote from: "TJD60"
I never said that it did.  I believe that I quoted your post, that people should reconsider........before heading out.

Since the rain has not let up for over 4 weeks now.  Why should the conditions have changed?  They are predicting flooding in Highriver and Okotoks again.  Same as two weeks ago.
You said ealier that you have seen it wetter then this. :?:   I heared them saying that we had the wettest June in history.

You quoted a LINK that i posted as food for thought last week. The link was to the SRD's June 8th bulletin. It was a thread on 4 wheeler started by Scott (Bowzone).
Yes, June is a record year. What i said was that i was out last Sat and Sun at Maclean RIDING and the trail systems were DRYER than last year during August when it rained every day but 2. That is what i said. Thanks for posting what you thought i MEANT :roll: So next time you quote Scott and no source, maybe indicate that. Thanks.
So you and ALL your friends Nils will not be wheelin at all this Fri/Sat or Sun????? Good for you.

jeepsucks, these are real issues but i am with you on this weekend. i will be out ENJOYING the trails.

Tom

Ian, ironically the bike community did a water study at the South end of the Ghost after MayLong weekend this year (record crowds btw) and guess what????
The QUALITY of the water at the South Ghost is MUCH cleaner than The water in Calgary's Bow river. Imagine that. Yeah, we have never seen any assessments from SRD regarding the suppossed watershed problems. Even Johnson Bog has no factual assessment.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

tjd60

July Long
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 11:10:43 AM »
You are correct.....I will not be wheeling this weekend.  If I can do nothing els, I can lead by example. :wink:

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
July Long
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 12:22:32 PM »
Quote from: "Spinalguy"
i too wondered why the CJA had only a few folks out at the V-days. But i am sure that weather, flooding in our own homes, closedhighways(temporary),work, etc caused over 80% of your membership to not be there.
So, have an awesome long weekend everyone. Its going to be DRY starting today! :)

Tom

Don't even go there because some of us members do have other things in out lives a little more important, sorry for no Living, Breathing, and Dying for Off-roading.  If I could have been there I would have.  I will be going up the Rocky almost every weekend from now until the Jamboree clean-up and getting trails ready for the Jamboree.  By the way how come you were not at teh ECO clean-up last year, or are you just worried about Waiporous and not the other areas.
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
July Long
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 02:12:49 PM »
Now now, name calling and finger pointing will do nothing to resolve the end goal of keeping Waiparous open.

Besides, like Apex said " 'Mud-slinging' posts are not permitted on the CJA website. Poor for the clubs image and gives the enviromentalists ammunition."

Everyone has their own opinion. (You probably don't want to know mine).

SRD prolly won't put up notices like "Its been raining lots, please stay out of the muddywuddy so it don't hurt the fishywishy."

Other than that; Tread Lightly; and use your brain; since I too am heading out this weekend, I will be staying away from any low lying trails (Lost Knife). Cause I'll bet someone a shiney new nickle, that there will be folks that will not, and likely head into the bog. *shrug*

I do what I can, I cannot change everyones way of thinking, so I start with me, and let it go from there.

Cheers
Chris
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
July Long
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 02:56:50 PM »
Quote from: "BlackYJ"
Quote from: "Spinalguy"
i too wondered why the CJA had only a few folks out at the V-days. But i am sure that weather, flooding in our own homes, closedhighways(temporary),work, etc caused over 80% of your membership to not be there.
So, have an awesome long weekend everyone. Its going to be DRY starting today! :)

Tom

Don't even go there because some of us members do have other things in out lives a little more important, sorry for no Living, Breathing, and Dying for Off-roading.  If I could have been there I would have.  I will be going up the Rocky almost every weekend from now until the Jamboree clean-up and getting trails ready for the Jamboree.  By the way how come you were not at teh ECO clean-up last year, or are you just worried about Waiporous and not the other areas.

You know what read my frickin post. i wrote in the MANY reasons why the turnout may have been low.At no time am i saying anything disrespectful.

:evil:
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

henry

July Long Weekend
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2005, 03:44:19 PM »
I have been in Vegas for the last week, so I have no idea what the weather has been like here since I left last sunday night (june 26 - present), and I also have no idea what conditions Waiparous or Mclean Creek are in as of right now. It was real wet last time I checked.  So I will not participate in the previous threads on this post, or vice versa, posts on this thread or whatever the hell you call them.

I do not want to step on anyones toes,  :D however, is anyone interested in a very, very, mild day trip somewhere.   SUNDAY only - to explore - stay out of sensitive areas?  I want to get out of Calgary for a day, that is all.  Something like a quick run to the falls down the Mockingbird Road (not Meadow Creek if that is possible or even advised now?) or something along those lines, nothing hard-core.  

If anyone has been out there lately, please feel free to advise where to go, or especially where to stay away from.  I will not be offended.

EDIT: MAKE THAT RUN FOR SUNDAY: SATURDAY WON'T WORK FOR ME NOW!!

Darren 8)