Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: any decent trails or wheeling areas around Edmonton?  (Read 4021 times)

Sharp

any decent trails or wheeling areas around Edmonton?
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:35:04 PM »
hey guys i just moved to edmonton, looking for some close heeling trails, any suggestions or anyone going out anytime?
thanks
Shalil

B-MAN

Re: any decent trails or wheeling areas around Edmonton?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:21:26 PM »
Quote from: "Sharp"
hey guys i just moved to edmonton, looking for some close heeling trails, any suggestions or anyone going out anytime?
thanks
Shalil

Well, this is mostly a Calgary based club/website,...you'd have more luck posting this on one of the Edmonton based Jeep sights.....Like,... I don't know...shall we say the ECO bb :lol:  

ECO JEEP FORUMS

Sharp

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 10:08:37 AM »
i figured so, was just hoping some of you guys knew... or there were some edmonton lurkers on here....

B-MAN

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 10:53:06 AM »
... some edmonton lurkers on here....

I prefer the term…”Stalker”… it has a better ring to it and rhymes with fawker :wink:

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 12:30:20 PM »
Quote from: "B-MAN"
... some edmonton lurkers on here....

I prefer the term…”Stalker”… it has a better ring to it and rhymes with fawker :wink:

TOO FUNNY :lol:  :lol:

KwicXJ

?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 06:33:17 PM »
stalker, or stocker?

Sharp

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 11:23:07 AM »
whats your guys experiance with guys running MTRs in the mud, how do they do? i'm just wondering if i can get by for a bit before looking into some boggers or TSLs my other prob is the full spool up front, doesn't allow me to steer in the mud at all...

Da_chopper

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2005, 03:01:39 PM »
Another site for the Edmonton area is the Northern Alberta 4WD Association http://www.hboss.net/forums/ . It's not as active as this one or the Eco site, but they do lots of trips in a closer area to Edmonton then the others.  But having said that, it's worth the drive to go to the mountains.  

As for MTR's in MUD, I am learning that you need a real heavy foot. But they are awsome everywhere else - there is just an S-load of mud around here. There are many better MUD tires out there.

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 07:53:29 AM »
Hey Shalil!

Finally thinking about keeping the baby when you move to Edm eh? :)

As for the MTRs in mud, I think they do OK, but still leave alot to be desired. I would run em, although you have the axles to support the added weight of boggers/swampers...That wasnt an option for me.

Happy trails, hope to see you soon,

Joey

Sharp

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 10:34:34 AM »
Joey, i'm already in edmonton, and as far as my rig goes, it's just not going to sell at what i'm asking and there is no way i'm gonn let it go fo nothing!
so even if it has to go into storage while i'm away, i plan on keeping it.