Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: dw on 2" bb?  (Read 1022 times)

six8six

dw on 2" bb?
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:16:51 PM »
i have an 03 tj sport and just installed a rebb and now have severe dw.  I have changed the track bar to try and correct it but still didnt help. any help?

Jaguar

dw on 2" bb?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:11:49 PM »
Have you done an alignment after the lift?

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: dw on 2" bb?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 09:14:01 AM »
Quote from: "six8six"
i have an 03 tj sport and just installed a rebb and now have severe dw.  I have changed the track bar to try and correct it but still didnt help. any help?

This type of death wobble is usually coincidental. As in you had something worn almost to the point of death wobbling, change your alignment slightly, and that was enough to set it off.

An new alignment will not fix the part thats causing your DW. It might go away again temporarily, but it will be back.

How many miles on the TJ?

What tires?

What track bar?

What parts were changed for the budget boost?

If you are having a hard time finding and want it looked at send me a PM. We can set something up.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline cablesmurf

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Relapsed Jeep Addict
dw on 2" bb?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 10:36:27 AM »
I have found in the past that the rubber bushings in the front LCA's don't work on lifted Jeeps. Get some arms with poly bushings and it should fix your problem.

Teraflex
roughcountry
Rustys
Procomp
Skyjacker
tuff country
superlift

to name a few... :wink:
Hi, my name is Dan and I'm a Jeepaholic

six8six

dw on 2" bb?
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 07:35:54 PM »
Thanks for the input but i have decided to scrap the bb and spend some money and put in a re4.5"sf system.  by the way the track bar was replaced with another factory bar from a rubi.  and there was nothing else removed just added the spacers.  ohwell hope the new lift will not cause any problems.